become an editor
the entire directory
only in Methodist/African_Methodist_Episcopal
Religion and Spirituality
African Methodist Episcopal
Payne Theological Seminary
Society: Ethnicity: African: African-American: Religion
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Methodist: People
African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Official AME church website. History, structure, worldwide outreach, announcements of events, and other news and information.
African Methodism in the South, or, Twenty-Five Years of Freedom
- History of the African Methodist Episcopal Church following Emancipation, by W.J. Gaines, a bishop from Georgia.
The AME Church Clergy Family Information Center
- Global notification ministry which emails bereavement notices and congratulatory announcements. Also message board and history.
AME Church South Africa
- Information and links supporting an African voice and leadership in the local jurisdiction.
An Apology for African Methodism
- 1867 book by Benjamin J. Tanner defends the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Also has history of conferences and districts, profiles of local ministers, information on influential women.
Centennial Encyclopaedia of the African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Compiled by Bishop Richard R. Wright, Jr. Reference work published in 1916.
CONN-M-SWAWO, Plus P.K.'s
- A support ministry that seeks to encourage and empower clergy families. Events, greetings, membership, P.K. scholarships and overview.
Cyclopaedia of African Methodism
- An encyclopedia of the African Methodist Episcopal Church, published in 1882. By Bishop A.W. Wayman.
- Offers youth and young adults a year long curriculum on the Bible and life skills.
The Doctrines and Discipline of the African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Full text online of the first edition, published 1817.
The Genius and Theory of Methodist Polity, or, The Machinery of Methodism
- Book in question-and-answer format, on the structure and history of the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Was published in 1885.
History of the African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Lengthy book by Daniel Alexander Payne, bishop, president of Wilberforce. Includes portraits of some early A.M.E. bishops.
A History of the African Methodist Episcopal Church
- 1922 work by C.S. Smith, meant to supplement Daniel Alexander Payne's book of the same title. Smith's book picks up the story in 1856.
Mother Bethel A.M.E. Church
- Substantial historical article on the founding of the African Methodist Episcopal Church and its "mother church" in Philadelphia.
Recollections of Seventy Years
- The autobiography of Daniel Alexander Payne.
Scraps of African Methodist Episcopal History
- Book by Bishop James A. Handy of Baltimore, published in 1902. Looks at the A.M.E. Church's early days in Philadelphia, New York, and Baltimore, as well as its early conferences.
Small and Rural Churches United
- Offers support and grant information to small and rural churches of the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Small urban churches also encouraged.
The Sons of Allen
- Biographical profiles of more than one hundred prominent members of the A.M.E. Church, along with a brief history of Wilberforce University. Book published in 1906.
- Young people and children's division of the AME church. Includes overview, calendar, photos, district events, locator and president.
African Methodist Episcopal
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2014 at 19:35:05 UTC -