become an editor
the entire directory
only in Theology/Systematic
Religion and Spirituality
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Lutheran: Theology: Systematic
Creeds and Symbols
Law and Gospel
Predestination and Election
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Theology
Adiaphora: In the Reformation and Today
- Historical consideration of the theology of indifferent matters, including how and when this label should be used. Current considerations and applications are examined.
A Brief Statement of the Doctrinal Position of the Missouri Synod
- LCMS paper emphasizing theological concerns of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
CAT41 TableTalk: Files and Resources
- Original essays and papers including synergism, whether the Pope is Antichrist, the Masonic Lodge, and the Campbellites (Churches of Christ). Luther Seal and other graphics. [WPD, DOC, RTF]
Church and Ministry in the Lutheran Confessions
- Cites the Book of Concord in exploring the interdependence of the pastoral office and the body of Christ while also comparing the congregation to all of Christendom.
Compendium of Positive Theology
- English translation of the introductory theses to each chapter of the book. Work quoted is the C. F. W. Walther edition of a dogmatics text by Johannes Baier.
- Intended to serve and connect those who desire to remain faithful to the Word of God and the Confessions as they have been delivered to us.
- A research and educational arm of Concordia University Wisconsin working out implications of the Lutheran doctrine of vocation and engaging contemporary culture with the Lutheran confessions.
Free Will and Salvation
- Comparison of freedom of choice in Erasmus' philosophy versus Luther's theology of the bondage of the will.
Justification and Deification
- Dialogue between the Tübingen Theologians and Patriarch Jeremias II.
- Dedicated to the preservation and promotion of genuine confessional Lutheran theology and research.
- Confessional Lutheran essays including "Who is God," "Intro to Lutheran Theology," and "Gems of Lutheran Theology"; book and music reviews.
Luther's Little Instruction Book
- The Small Catechism, R.E. Smith translation.
- Promoting acceptance of special experiences of the presence of the Holy Spirit among individuals and churches through prayer, worship, retreats, and conferences.
- Compendium of basic Lutheran texts and commentaries. Also original essays in Confessional Lutheran theology by Rector David Jay Webber of Saint Sophia Ukrainian Lutheran Theological Seminary in Ternopil', Ukraine.
Reason and the Two Kingdoms
- Analysis and treatment of Luther's understanding of reason as a "whore" in matters of faith.
Tell Your Women Who They Are
- Emily Carder of the LCMS challenges assumptions of feminism and the men the Lutheran Church, encouraging them to teach and model male headship according to Scripture and the Confessions.
Treatise on Good Works
- M. Reu's translation of Martin Luther's writing defining what actions are truly pleasing to God and examining their necessity for salvation.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, February 22, 2013 12:51:55 PM EST -