become an editor
the entire directory
only in Liturgy_and_Music/Hymns
Religion and Spirituality
Liturgy and Music
Bach, Johann Sebastian - as Composer
Bevan, Emma Frances, as Translator
Koren, Ulrik Vilhelm
Luther, Martin, as Hymnwriter
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Music: Hymns
Early Lutheran Hymn Writers
- Biographical sketches of Philipp Nicolai, Johann Heermann, Paul (Paulus) Gerhardt, and Calvinist near-contemporary Joachim Neander.
Evangelical Lutheran Hymnary
- Introduction to the hymnal of the ELS, including hymnal companion, indexes, hymnology, sales of printed hymnals, and purchase information for printed hymn books.
The Lutheran Hymnal (1941)
- Texts of selected English, German, Latin and Latin hymns, some in original and translation.
The Lutheran Hymnal: Texts
- Lyrics to the 660 hymns in TLH, an official book of the Synodical Conference, excepting those few still under copyright protection.
- Hymns of Martin Luther, published 1883; Evangelical Lutheran Hymnal, 1927; The Lutheran Hymnal, 1941. Includes more than 300 lyrics, mostly English, some German. A Project Wittenberg text archive.
The Lutheran Sources of the Common Service
- Shows evolution of English language church order from earlier service books. From the Lutheran Quarterly article by Edward T. Horn. [PDF]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 15, 2014 at 10:29:12 UTC -