become an editor
the entire directory
only in Church_of_Jesus_Christ_of_Latter-day_Saints/History
Religion and Spirituality
Latter Day Saints
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Smith, Joseph, Jr.
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Mesoamerican
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: West: Overland Trails
Society: History: By Topic: Social History: Religion
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Church History: North America: United States
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Latter Day Saints: History
The Black Mormon Homepage
- Detailed history about the relationship between the Church and blacks.
The Deseret Alphabet
- A phonetic alphabet designed by Brigham Young for the Church to use. Article excerpts, symbol and pronunciation guide.
The Deseret Alphabet
- The Deseret Alphabet, including scanned images of the Deseret First Book.
History of Mormonism
- A concise history of Mormonism including general history, biographies of Mormon prophets, and articles on special topics like the history of Mormon missionaries and Mormon temples.
- Information, directions, and schedules of LDS historical locations.
The Lion House
- Historical home of Brigham Young converted into a church-run restaurant near Temple Square. Includes brief description and history of facility.
The Lives of African American Mormons
- Senior paper taking a historical look various African Americans with respect to the Church.
- Historical information in a variety of areas, researched and presented by H. Michael Marquardt.
Mormon Heritage Association
- Offers chronological tours to church history sites. Includes association profile, related news and contact information.
Mormon History: The Missouri Era
- Discussion of the history of persecution and trouble for Latter-day Saints ("Mormons") in Missouri in the late 1830s.
Mormonism in the 19th Century
- Essay with teaching suggestions from a scholar in American religious history. In "Divining America: Religion and the National Culture" from the National Humanities Center.
Mountain Meadows Massacre: Reburying the Dead
- Index of investigative news articles, books, documents, and sites related to the tragic massacre.
The Signature Books Library
- Free, online books and essays on Mormon history.
This is The Place Heritage Park
- Old Deseret Village, a restored and recreated living community memorializing Utah's pioneer past, located at the This is the Place monument in Salt Lake City. Tour schedule, park projects and activities, event hosting.
Tracing Mormon Pioneers
- Bert Nelson advises on finding pioneer ancestors. Slide show presentation, and extensive links to research early convert émigrés.
Zadoc Knapp Judd, Mormon Pioneer
- Posterity, ancestry and autobiography of Zadoc Knapp Judd, member of the Mormon Battalion. Links to other Mormon Battalion resources.
Salon.com Books: Latter-day sinners?
- "Three new books -- including Jon Krakauer's latest -- take a look at some dark moments in the history of Mormonism and the violent effects of sexually rooted religious hysteria." (July 26, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 25, 2013 at 13:19:18 UTC -