become an editor
the entire directory
only in T/Saint_Thomas_Aquinas
Religion and Spirituality
Saint Thomas Aquinas
Society: Philosophy: History of Philosophy: Medieval
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Theology: Theologians: Medieval
This category in other languages:
- Biographical article on "the spirit of scholasticism incarnate," analysis of some of his philosophical principles, bibliography. In the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Catholic Encyclopedia: St. Thomas Aquinas
- Lengthy article on the life, writings, and influence of this philosopher, theologian, and Doctor of the Church. Called the Angelic Doctor. Died in 1274.
Catholic Online: St. Thomas Aquinas
- Brief biography.
CatholicSaints.Info: Thomas Aquinas
- Illustrated biographical profile.
- All of Aquinas's works available online in Latin. Site also has bibliographies, early sources for the saint's life.
Dave Kopel: Thomas Aquinas
- Contends that all Westerners live in the shadow of Aquinas's philosophical achievements.
Domestic Church: Saint Thomas Aquinas
- Three accounts of the saint's life: for children ages 0-8, children 8-14, and age 14-adult. By Catherine Fournier.
G.K. Chesterton: St. Thomas Aquinas
- Full text of book online in HTML. "A popular sketch of a great historical character who ought to be more popular."
Garth Kemerling: Thomas Aquinas (1224-1274)
- Brief discussion of the life and works of Aquinas, with links to electronic texts and additional information.
Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Thomas Aquinas (1224-1274)
- Unsigned biographical essay.
Jacques Maritain: St. Thomas Aquinas
- Book challenges the reader to take a fresh look at Thomas's philosophy.
James Kiefer's Christian Biographies: Thomas Aquinas
- Priest, friar, and theologian. Anglican perspective. With prayer in traditional and contemporary language.
Lives of Saints: St. Thomas Aquinas
- Confessor, Doctor of the Church. From the book "Lives of Saints", published by John J. Crawley.
Pange Lingua Gloriosi
- Article in the Catholic Encyclopedia on the two hymns of this name. The second is by Thomas Aquinas. The first is "generally credited" to Venantius Fortunatus, though some believe it is the work of Claudianus Mamertus.
Reason and Faith for St. Thomas Aquinas and Bl. John Duns Scotus
- Short paper on the question of faith and reason, with notes. By Sule Elkatip. In plain text.
The Resurrection of Thomism
- Article by Doug Erlandson on why the Thomistic cosmological argument fails.
A Saint a Day: St. Thomas Aquinas
- Brief summary of this saint's life, suitable for children.
Saint Benedict Center: Saint Thomas Aquinas
- Pious hagiography, Feeneyite perspective: "As in our day, so then the enemies of our Lord and our Lady were the heretics on the outside and the liberals within."
St. Thomas of Aquino
- Doctor of the Church and Confessor. From Alban Butler's Lives of the Saints.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Saint Thomas Aquinas
- Biographical and expository essay by Ralph McInerny.
The Teaching of St. Thomas Aquinas in Regard to the Apostles
- Article from the January 1961 issue of The American Ecclesiastical Review. By Nicholas Halligan.
Thomas Aquinas in English
- Lengthy bibliography of online Aquinas texts in English.
- The most comprehensive web site on Thomas Aquinas. Uses frames.
- Mailing list and forum discussing Thomistic philosophy.
Saint Thomas Aquinas
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 17, 2015 at 20:14:50 UTC -