become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sacraments/Reconciliation
Religion and Spirituality
The Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation
- From the Catechism of the Catholic Church, articles 1420-1498, a road map in understanding and application of this sacrament.
Apostolic Constitution on Penance - Paenitemini
- The significance and importance of the divine precept of penitence, as issued by Pope Paul VI. It is described as a religious, personal act which has as its aim love and surrender to God.
- Question and answers on some of the teaching of the Church regarding Confession.
Confession and the Ten Commandments
- A review of the Ten Commandments in question format to help in making a good Confession
Devotion to the Sacrament of Forgiveness
- The author assigns the names of Mercy and Forgiveness to the Sacrament of Penance, sets out some assumptions about it and proposes some remedies for problems within its practice.
On The Sacrament of Reconciliation
- A thorough examination and dissection of the attitude and steps to a fruitful reception of the Sacrament of Confession.
Our Lady's Tears
- An examination of conscience that uses a delightful meditation process that can help accept the Sacrament of Confession in the manner that Jesus would probably want it to be accepted.
Pastoral Letter on Penance
- Archbishop Theodore E. McCarrick of Newark, NJ, says: "... one of the greatest gifts that God gives us is the gift of peace," and then expands on this throughout his Letter.
Reconciliatio et Paenitentia
- Apostolic Exhortation of Pope John Paul II. The big picture on penance, conversion, and reconciliation.
Reconciliatio et Paenitentia
- Full text, with concordances and word frequency lists. Each paragraph in its own file.
Reconciliation: Rite and Life
- The author gives some background information and presents the Sacrament of Penance as it is practiced today.
Reflections on the Sacrament of Penance/Reconciliaition
- A short reflection on how to approach, partake in and conclude a session of, the Sacramental Confession with a Priest.
The Sacrament of Penance
- Letter of Pope John Paul II to Cardinal Baum regarding Confession: it must be humble, complete and accompanied by a firm purpose of amendment.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Fr. Bart Pastor explores this sacrament from many different perspectives.
Sacrament of Reconciliation: How to Confess Sins
- Fr. Phil Bloom: "Confession is one of the beautiful gifts that Jesus has given to his church," and proceeds to explain his sentence and the healing it provides the penitent.
What Is the Sacrament of Penance?
- A Bible-based article on this sacrament beginning with: "Whose Sins You Forgive Are Forgiven Them," by Fr. Jerome Esper, C.S.C.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 15, 2014 at 9:05:05 UTC -