become an editor
the entire directory
only in P/Pius_XII
Religion and Spirituality
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Catholicism: Popes: P: Pius XII
This category in other languages:
- A book accusing Pius XII of being "Hitler's Pope" overestimates the pontiff's influence and underestimates his character. Lawrence Osborne reviews John Cornwell's book. In Salon.
A Catholic Response: Pope Pius XII and the Holocaust
- Article points out that accusing Pope Pius XII of being indifferent to the Holocaust is a recent development based on fiction. At the time and immediately afterwards, the press and persecuted Jews hailed the Vatican as the one beacon in a darkened Europe.
The Holocaust and the Catholic Church
- Reviewer James Carroll expounds the argument of John Cornwell's book "Hitler's Pope": that Pius XII was anti-Semitic and power-hungry. In the October 1999 issue of The Atlantic.
The Holy See: Pius XII
- Section of the Vatican's official web site. Portrait, coat of arms, archive of some of his writings and speeches.
In Defense of Pope Pius XII
- Article by Kenneth Woodward, published in Newsweek, 30 March, 1998. Pius was neither silent nor inactive about the Holocaust. In fact, during the Second World War, he was lauded for his singular efforts to halt the carnage.
Myth vs. Historical Fact
- Article by Pierre Blet, one of the team of researchers who compiled the 11-volume set of Vatican documents related to World War II. These documents show that it is a baldfaced lie to assert that Pius condoned Nazism.
Pius XII as Scapegoat
- Opinion piece by Michael Novak, in First Things. The recent charges against Pope Pius XII do not stand up to scrutiny. They are illogical, inconsistent, and fly in the face of facts.
Pope Pius XII
- Illustrated profile includes list of people he beatified or canonized, excerpts from his writings, links.
Popes Through the Ages: Pius XII
- An account of his pontificate.
Thomas Craughwell: Pope Pius XII and the Holocaust
- Fifty years ago the charge that Pius XII was anti-Semitic would have been incomprehensible.
Top 100 Catholics: Pope Pius XII
- Biographical sketch of Pius XII, voted one of the top Catholics of the 20th century by visitors to the Daily Catholic web site.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:05:02 PM EDT -