become an editor
the entire directory
only in People/Merton,_Thomas
Religion and Spirituality
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Catholicism: People: Merton, Thomas
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Buddhism: Buddhism and Other Religions: Christianity
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Catholicism: Orders: Men's Orders: Benedictines: Trappists
Finding Aid for the Thomas Merton Papers at Columbia University
- Correspondence, manuscripts, documents, photographs, art work, audio cassette, printed materials by and about Thomas Merton.
The Thomas Merton - Edward Rice Correspondence
- This Georgetown University collection contains thirteen letters of the correspondence between the Trappist monk Thomas Merton and the writer, artist, and photographer Edward Rice, written between the years 1959-1967.
Thomas Merton - Resources for Catholic Educators
- Links to web pages and other resources on Thomas Merton.
Thomas Merton Archives at St. Bonaventure University
- The Merton Archives at St. Bonaventure University is one of the most important repositories of Merton materials worldwide. Its holdings include manuscripts and typescripts of his earliest journals, along with drafts of books and articles, letters, association copies of printed materials and other special items.
Thomas Merton Center
- The Thomas Merton Center is the official repository of Merton's artistic estate which includes over twelve hundred photographs and eight hundred drawings in addition to his writing. The Center archives over forty-five thousand Merton-related materials.
Thomas Merton Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Founded to promote interest in and study of Thomas Merton and his concerns throughout the British Isles.
Thomas Merton's Marian Poetry
- A collection of poems honoring the Virgin Mary written by Thomas Merton. Includes a page of photos of Merton.
Three American Sophomores: The Restlessness of Thomas Merton, J. D. Salinger, and Jack Kerouac
- This article by Eric J. Scheske argues that Merton, Salinger, and Kerouac helped shape the youth movements of the 1960s and that they ended up contributing to the unrest of that era. [Touchstone Magazine] (October 01, 2000)
Monastic Liberation as Counter-Cultural Critique in the Life and Thought of Thomas Merton
- Article by Shaul Magid, professor of Jewish philosophy, who is interested in Merton's piety. [Cross Currents] (December 01, 1999)
Thomas Merton: Man of Many Journeys
- This essay by Sister Marie de Lourdes discusses Thomas Merton's inner and outer journeys that led from a youthful attempt to escape the world via the dark night of divine unknowing to a mature effort to fathom God's presence at both the world's heart and its periphery. [Spirituality Today 41.2] (June 01, 1989)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 17, 2013 at 6:15:04 UTC -