become an editor
the entire directory
only in Jesuits/History
Religion and Spirituality
"A Passage to China": A French Jesuit's Perceptions of Siberia in the 1680s
- Although the Russian government blocked his attempt to pass through Siberia, Père Philippe Avril's five-year quest for a land passage from Europe to Beijing contributed to European knowledge of Asian geography.
China tries to bury Jesuit past
- In the Middle Kingdom, history is all mixed up because of so many periodic revisions, yet a serene Jesuit cemetery in the center of the city proves that Beijing cannot bury its past
Georgetown Special Collections: The Society of Jesus
- Guide to archives regarding the Society of Jesus - some 12,000 volumes, many written by Jesuits or touching on aspects of Jesuit order.
The Jesuit Relations and Allied Documents: 1610 to 1791
- Complete English translation. Each file represents the total English contents of a single published volume.
The Jesuits in China
- Historical information and documents from early work of the Jesuit order in China.
What Determined the Content of Missionary Reports?
- Historiography. Article examines the Jesuit Relations, and compares them to reports from early Iberian Jesuit missionaries to Japan, to test historians' hypotheses on the influences which shaped the missionaries' reports.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 1, 2013 at 12:35:09 UTC -