become an editor
the entire directory
only in Orders/History
Religion and Spirituality
Charter of Abbey of Cluny
- From the Medieval Sourcebook.
Cistercian Order Of The Common Observance
- A history of the Cistercian Order founded in 1098.
The Cistercians in the Languedoc and medieval France
- An introduction to the development of the Cistercian Order, and its role in the Cathar Crusades of the thirteenth century.
Cluny, Congregation of
- The earliest reform, which became practically a distinct order, within the Benedictine family.
Dominicans and Black Friars
- A set of short essays on the Dominicans from the BELIEVE website.
Francis Parkman & the Jesuits of North America
- An examination of the historical coverage the Jesuits received in North America. By John Carrigg, Professor of History at Franciscan University.
The Franciscan Experience
- A course on the origins of the Franciscan order.
- An article on the history of the Franciscan order and its role within the Catholic church. From the Catholic Encyclopedia.
Franciscan Views on Papal and Royal Sovereignty
- An essay contending that the Franciscans had a vital role in promoting Papal authority.
- A general term denoting several groups of Friars Minor, existing in the second half of the thirteenth and the beginning of the fourteenth centuries, who, in opposition to the main body of the order, pretended to observe the Rule of St. Francis in its primitive severity.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 26, 2015 at 14:35:05 UTC -