the entire directory
only in Catholicism/Orders
Religion and Spirituality
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Catholicism: Orders
News and Media
This category in other languages:
Canons Regular of Premontre (Norbertines) Homepage
- Homepage of the Canons Regular of Premontre (Norbertine) Order, founded by St. Norbert in the 13th century.
Carmelites of the Ancient Observance
- International homepages of the original Carmelite Order (Calced) based in Rome. Worldwide locations and affiliates listed.
Carthusians Monks and Carthusian Nuns
- The official web site of the Carthusian Order.
Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary
- Web Site of the Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary (SS.CC.). History, charisma and vocational information available.
Divine Word Missionaries
- The worldwide website for the Divine Word family of congregations. Based in Steyler, Netherlands
- Large archive of information and articles about St Francis, the Franciscan and Capuchin orders and famous Franciscans and Capuchins.
- A national non-profit organization providing opportunities throughout U.S. for Third Order Regular Sisters and Brothers to celebrate Franciscan evangelical life and calling to conversion, contemplation, poverty and humility.
Homepages of the Discalced Carmelites
- The Order of Discalced Carmelites worldwide. In 6 different languages.
Maryknolls - Catholic Foreign Missionary Society of America
- Website for the Dominican Maryknolls and its worldwide concerns.
- Describes a form of consecrated life in the Church for the laity.
Missionary Cenacle Family
- A Catholic community dedicated to serving the poor and abandoned, the preservation of the faith, and the development of the laity.
Monfortian Religious Family
- Describes the life of St. Louis Marie, his writings, Spirituality, and the three Congregations.
Order of Cistercians of Strict Observance
- Official site for this order, more familiarly known as the Trappists.
Order of Preachers (Dominicans)
- Official home page for the global Order of Preachers. The "Dominican family" includes friars, nuns, sisters and lay people, represented with 100+ local web sites in many languages. This gateway leads to the main home pages in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
Order of Saint Benedict
- Information about monastic vocation and the worldwide Order of sisters and brothers founded by Saint Benedict of Nursia. Latin text and translations of the Rule. Geographic database. Advanced search. What's New, biographies, saints, institutions, elections, superiors, nuns, habit, etc.
- Apostolic Exhortation of Pope John Paul II to men and women religious on their consecration in the light of the mystery of the Redemption. Given 25 March, 1984. All in one file. 86K.
Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity (SOLT)
- SOLT is a Catholic religious society which includes priests, sisters, cloistered nuns, hermits, lay brothers, consecrated widows and widowers. Missions include Russia, Rome, Belize, the Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Haiti, Guatemala, U.S.A., Macao, China.
Sons and Daughters of the Blessed Virgin
- Their mission is spreading total consecration to Jesus through Mary.
- The international institutes, orders, and organizations descending from the charitable organizations founded by St. Vincent de Paul.
- Apostolic Exhortation of Pope John Paul II on the consecrated life and its mission in the Church and in the world. Given 25 March, 1996. Full text, with concordances and word frequency lists. Each paragraph in its own file.
- Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation of Pope John Paul II on the consecrated life and its mission in the Church and the world. Given 25 March, 1996. All in one file. 276K. Uses Microsoft-only characters.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, August 5, 2010 12:25:59 PM EDT -