become an editor
the entire directory
only in Movements/Catholic_Worker
Religion and Spirituality
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Catholicism: People: Day, Dorothy
André House of Arizona
- Hospitality House in Phoenix based on the traditions of the CW and the Holy Cross order.
Brot & Rosen Community
- Brot und Rosen Community in Hamburg, Germany, has information in both English and German about German Catholic Worker communities.
- Jumping-off point for the Catholic Worker Roundtable, the Dorothy Day Library on the Web, and other Catholic Worker links. Also a list of Catholic Worker houses with web pages.
Catholic-Labor Network: The Catholic Worker Connection
- A collection of articles by Catholic Workers that explore the relationship of the Catholic Worker Movement to contemporary labor issues.
- Multifaceted nonprofit organization based in Boston's South End and Roxbury neighborhoods. Offers overview mission, story, people and what we do.
Houston Catholic Worker
- Articles on the history, philosophy, theology, and practice of the Catholic Worker Movement. Description of services provided by Casa Juan Diego to the homeless, battered women, and new immigrants in Houston, Texas. Includes newspaper and links.
Las Vegas Catholic Worker
- Opportunities to serve the poor and work for justice. Photos of recent activities.
London Catholic Worker
- A Community of the international radical Christian ‘Catholic Worker’ movement.
Los Angeles Catholic Worker
- LACW founded in 1970, serving the poor and homeless on LA's Skid Row.
Oakland Catholic Worker
- Hospitality house working with immigrants from Mexico and Central America.
Open Door Community
- Essays and photo gallery capture day-to-day aspects of Catholic Worker ministry. Live-in volunteer opportunities to serve the poor at the "Protestant Catholic Worker House" in Atlanta, Georgia.
Pie and Coffee
- A hospitality weblog loosely connected with the Worcester CW, providing news about the CW movement, and acts of civil disobedience.
San Diego Catholic Worker
- Serves noontime meals to poor and homeless of San Diego, and operates a house of hospitality for single men.
St. Benedict Catholic Worker
- Catholic Worker and Benedictine spirituality explored. Ministry to the poor, homeless, and incarcerated in Fresno, California. Dorothy Day and Peter Maurin photos.
St. Martin House of Hospitality (San Francisco)
- Founded in 1971 Martin's is a community of people with diverse spiritual practices inspired by the Catholic Worker Movement, and operates a soup kitchen.
Temenos Catholic Worker
- Support services for homeless youth in the Polk Street neighborhood of San Francisco.
Vancouver Catholic Worker
- Providing hospitality to the poor and needy of Vancouver, British Columbia. Has information about events, and contact information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 4, 2015 at 18:04:52 UTC -