become an editor
the entire directory
only in Heresies/Cathars
Religion and Spirituality
By Time Period
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Catholicism: History: By Time Period: Middle Ages: Heresies: Cathars
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Assembly of Good Christians
- Text from the Catholic Encyclopedia about what the Roman Catholic Church regards as a neo-Manichean sect: the Cathars who flourished in what is now southern France in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries.
Assembly of Good Christians
- Official blog with links.
Cathars and the Kabala
- A distinctive forms of medieval kabbalism which had its birth or rather rebirth in the area of the Languedoc.
Cathars of the Languedoc
- Catharism and its relationship to Dualism, Gnosticism and the Languedoc.
The Cathars: What was the Albigensian Crusade?
- Catharism in the Languedoc, Cathar beliefs. Cathars and heretics, the high culture of the troubadours and the Counts of Toulouse. The Role of the Roman Catholic Church: Innocent III, Crusades (The Albigensian Crusade) and the annexation of the Languedoc to France.
The Great Mysteries of the Languedoc
- Legends and theories concerning the Cathars of the Languedoc and their alleged links to Rennes-le-Chateau, the Knights Templar, the Holy Grail, the Ark of the Covenant, and the Da Vinci Code.
Montsegur and the Cathar Heresy
- Introductuion to the Cathar faith. The significance of events at Montsegur during the Cathar period, including the names, where known, of the Cathars burned alive there. References to primary source material.
William Cathcart's Essays.
- A Baptist view of Gnostics, Dualists and others regarded as proto-Protestants. As well as Cathars ("Albigensians"), he discusses Novatianists, Donatists, Henricians, Petrobrussians and Anabaptists.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, October 12, 2013 5:23:27 PM EDT -