become an editor
the entire directory
only in By_Time_Period/Middle_Ages
Religion and Spirituality
By Time Period
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Catholicism: History: By Time Period: Middle Ages
Beguines and Beghards
Relations with Judaism
Society: History: By Time Period: Middle Ages: Religion: Christianity
Affirmation of the Right of a Priest to Make a Will
- By the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick I Barbarossa in 1165, an implication that the state had power over the church. From the Medieval Sourcebook.
- Thematic bibliography for Studying the Church of the Middle Ages, from a Protestant perspective.
- Article from the Catholic Encyclopedia with a large list of links to related articles.
- Historical survey in the Online Reference Book for Medieval Studies.
- A feature in Encyclopedia Britannica Online showing the differing treatment of the legend of a female Pope to show a more balanced and less inflamatory British attitude towards Catholics.
The Quest for the Holy Grail
- An article which discusses the significance of the Quest for the Holy Grail, where the story began, why it was so popular and the Legend.
Religion and the Middle Ages
- An examination of the Church's influence on secular law during the Middle Ages.
The Rise of the Western Church
- An account of the rise of the church in the Western half of the Empire, the see of Rome.
Some Thoughts on the Rise of the Western Church
- Lecture in the Online Reference Book for Medieval Studies.
Was the Medieval Church Corrupt?
- Essay from the Online Reference Book for Medieval Studies.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, October 15, 2011 8:54:17 AM EDT -