become an editor
the entire directory
only in Church_of_England/Organisations
Religion and Spirituality
Church of England
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Anglican: Church of England: Organisations
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Anglican: Organizations
- The movement for inclusive catholic faith and practice in the Anglican Communion.
- Provides news, resources and contact details aiming to be a resource for those seeking to understand the issues in human sexuality and orthodox faith and witness that are challenging the Christian Church and particularly the Anglican Communion.
- Details of the support group "Anglican Women Evangelicals: Supporting our Ordained Ministry" including statement of faith, goals, local networks, forthcoming events and contact details.
The Church of England Evangelical Council
- The aims, constitution, activities and views of this organisation which seeks to speak for all shades of evangelical Anglicanism.
- Describes the work of this evangelical Anglican group: includes online publications, parish resources, press releases, membership details and contact information.
The Church Union
- Official site of the union founded in 1859 to recall the Church of England to her supposed Catholic identity. Includes a mission statement, contact details, and price information for their magazine.
The Church Urban Fund
- Information about the work of the fund supporting practical action for justice in disadvantaged and marginalised communities in England's inner cities and outer estates. Grants made, general news and contact information is included as is an invitation to contirbute.
The Confraternity of the Blessed Sacrament
- The history, activities and teaching of this anglo-catholic group, plus invitation to give money to support its work.
The Diaconal Association of the Church of England
- Pages concerned with the mission, membership and leadership of the professional body for those engaged in diaconal ministries in the Church of England. There is also a members only section of the site.
Encounters on the Edge
- Details of booklets on emerging forms of Anglican Churches, by George Lings of the Church Army's Sheffield Centre, plus details of the team, contact information, definitions of a church plant, endorsements, conference and course information and reports, and online essays on Mission Shaped Church.
The English Clergy Association
- News and events, downloadable "Parson and Parish" magazine, advice for church wardens and information about holiday grants.
Fellowship of Word and Spirit
- Site covering the beliefs of, resources available from and conferences run by this group which seeks to promote contemporary reformed theology in the Anglican church.
Forward in Faith
- Describes the views, organisation and publications of this organisation of mainly anglo-catholic clergy opposed to the ordination of women.
- Describes the leadership, values, convictions, principles, strategies and goals of a group seeking to occupy the centre ground of evangelical and charismatic Anglicanism.
- Describes the views and lobbying activities of the Group for the Rescinding of the Act of Synod and the promotion of women as bishops.
The Lee Abbey Movement
- Gives information about an Anglican lay community and describes their work including an international students club in London; households in Birmingham, Blackburn and Bristol; and a Christian conference and retreat centre in Devon. Also gives contact and location details.
Modern Churchpeoples Union
- Information about this theologically liberal organisation within the Church of England and brief details of its publications and events.
- News and views of an anglican evangelical network aiming to promoting biblically based ideas and action for reforming the Church of England.
SAMSGB Home Page
- The South American Mission Society aims to proclaim Jesus Christ in partnership with the Anglican Church in South America, Spain and Portugal. Site covers aims and ethos, countries where they work, youth pages, prayer topics, news, resources and recipes.
Sons of the Clergy
- Describes the work of a leading grant making charity helping Anglican clergy and their families: includes news, history, grants, contacts and links, plus details of the annual festival which has taken place since 1655.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, May 11, 2013 11:35:06 AM EDT -