become an editor
the entire directory
only in Early_Christian_Writings/Origen
Religion and Spirituality
Early Christian Writings
This category in other languages:
Catholic Encyclopedia: Hexapla
- Entry on Origen's monumental compilation of six ancient versions of the Bible in parallel columns, his purpose and the principles that guided his work.
Catholic Encyclopedia: Origen and Origenism
- Provides a biography and review of his works, as well as commentary on posthumous influences and the Origenistic Crises.
A Century in Quest of Origen's Spirituality
- Charles Kannengiesser evaluates the spiritual significance of the Alexandrian master in the light of modern approaches to the understanding of the Bible.
Church History - Book VI
- Eusebius of Caesarea extols the merits of the incomparable scholar Origen Adamantius and enumerates his most important writings.
The Deans of the School of Alexandria: Origen
- Article that elaborates on his religious tenets through the inclusion of citations from scholastic reviewers.
Epilogue to Pamphilus' Apology for Origen
- Rufinus contends that Origen's works were subsequently adulterated by heretics in support of their own opinions.
Introductory Note to the Works of Origen
- By F. Crombie, from the Ante-Nicene Fathers, vol. 4, American edition. The theologian's life, his writings, previous editions of his works.
Island of Freedom: Origen
- Overview of the famous Alexandrian philosopher and theologian, including links to his works, quotations, and further articles.
The Oration and Panegyric Addressed to Origen
- By Gregory Thaumaturgus. Expresses gratitude to Origen, by whose teaching Gregory was converted to Christianity. Partly biographical, partly autobiographical. Salmond translation, with notes. From the Ante-Nicene Fathers, vol. 6. 101K.
Origen of Alexandria
- Discusses his methodology for the interpretation of biblical passages, including notes and a wide range of sources.
Origen of Alexandria and Apokatastasis: Some Notes on the Development of a Noble Notion
- Exposition of Origen's contention that even the most recalcitrant sinner will eventually attain salvation.
Origen, Unorthodox Church Father
- Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics entry discusses his objectionable views of universal salvation, preexistence of the souls, highly allegorical interpretation and subordinationism.
- Brief introduction to Origen and his works, by Allan Menzies, from the Ante-Nicene Fathers, vol. 10 (original supplement to the American edition). Refers the reader to Dr. Crombie's note in vol. 4 for a fuller account.
Pamphilus' Defence of Origen
- Introduction to the Apology for Origen composed by Pamphilus of Caesarea, along with the translation of a fragment.
A Synoptic Gospels Primer: Origen
- Mahlon H. Smith's profile of the most learned and prolific ecclesiastical scholar before the legalization of Christianity.
- Extensive survey that narrates his life and outlines his exegetical, dogmatic, practical and apologetic writings along with his religious and philosophical views.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 17, 2015 at 6:05:09 UTC -