become an editor
the entire directory
only in References_and_Tools/Archaeology
Religion and Spirituality
References and Tools
Dead Sea Scrolls
Science: Science in Society: Science and Religion: Christianity and Science
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Middle East
This category in other languages:
The Baghdad Museum Project
- A non-profit organization with a proposal to help save the Iraq National Museum in Baghdad, following the looting of the museum in April, 2003.
Ancient Refuge in the Holy Land
- An introduction to the Cave of Letters' discovery, the scrolls, as well as a discussion of the social history of first century Palestine.
Apologetics Press: He Climbed Up the Waterspout
- Article about Warren’s Shaft and whether it existed at the time of David. Includes a diagram of the shaft.
Archaeology and the Bible
- News and articles by Associates for Biblical Research, which organizes excavations and publishes the quarterly "Bible and Spade".
- High Top Media provides an overview of archaeology, chronology, news, features, opinions, editorials, glossary. Also sells books and magazines.
- Articles, pictures, downloadable e-texts from the Creation Research and Apologetics Society Of India.
- That branch of the science which is the study of ancient Christian monuments. From the Catholic Encyclopedia.
Cities of Revelation
- Craig Koester's virtual tour of cities within the era and culture in which Revelation was written: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Sardis, Patmos, Laocidea, Philadelphia and Thyatira.
The Cultural Heritage of Iraq
- A cultural briefing on the past, present, and future of archaeology in the "cradle of civilization".
Dig the Bible
- Doyle Lynch describes his experiences as a volunteer, discusses methodology and provides a Biblical archaeology tour of the Holy Land, site includes media reviews.
Digging up the Past
- Australian David Down's non-profit educational foundation producing a magazine and journal on Middle-Eastern archaeology, and offering videos, correspondence course and archaeological tours.
The LMLK Research Website
- Ancient seal impressions found around Jerusalem on jar handles that may be referring to King Hezekiah of Judah or God.
Lost Treasures from Iraq
- Images of objects from the Iraq Museum stolen in the days following the conquest of Baghdad by the USA military forces in April 2003. Site created by the Oriental Institute, University of Chicago, USA.
New Testament Maps and Artifacts
- Features maps and photos the Mediterranean basin related to the New Testament, collected by Dr. Michael Martin for courses at Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Ark researchers share their information on the various attempts to locate the famous Biblical vessel. Includes areas that have been searched, archimaging, news, resources, updates and faqs.
Ugarit and the Bible
- Illustrated article about the Bronze Age site, which contained important texts pertaining to Canaanite religion.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 13, 2013 at 18:54:09 UTC -