become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bible/References_and_Tools
Religion and Spirituality
References and Tools
Arts: Literature: Myths and Folktales: Myths
Reference: Libraries: Subject Specific: Theology
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Pastoral Resources: Sermon Outlines
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Pastoral Resources: Sermons
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Pastoral Resources: Youth Ministry: Lesson Resources: Bible Study Resources
All-in-One Biblical Resources Search
- Searchable Bible versions; links to mailing-lists and other important resources.
Ancient Hebrew Poetry
- A weblog devoted to academic studies of Hebrew Bible. By John Hobbins.
- A moderated academic discussion list that focuses on topics and issues of interest in Ancient Near Eastern Studies, from the Indus to the Nile, and from the beginnings of human habitation to the rise of Islam.
The Bible and Interpretation
- Includes news and commentary related to archaeological and historical studies.
- A small, pop-up MiniBible enables webmasters to link Bible verses on their sites.
Bible Dictionary - Postmodern Bible
- Brief definitions of terms from the Bible and Biblical Studies.
The Bible History Page
- Paul L. Schmehl annotates and categorizes links to archaeology, music, history, texts, research tools and church writings.
- Comprehensive and detailed information on the history of the Bible; including the canon, Greek text, ancient and English versions.
Bible Software Review Weblog
- Weblog for the Bible Software Review, run by Rubén Gómez.
Bible Study Tools: Concordances
- Nave's Topical Bible, Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, Torrey's New Topical Textbook, Treasury of Scripture Knowledge.
Bible Word Association Tool
- Tables of which words 'turn up' with which other words in the KJV.
- Indexes each word of twelve Bible translations. Each entry lists the reference, verse, and versions in which that word appears.
The BibleWorks Blog
- A weblog about user-created BibleWorks files.
- A Blog about Hebrew Bible, biblical interpretation, and related topics.
The Biblioblog Top 50
- An aggregate of blogs geared toward Biblical Studies.
Center for Research & Archaeology of the Southern Levant
- A search engine that is geared to Internet resources that deal with Ancient Near Eastern and Classical Archaeology.
Charis SIL Font
- A free Unicode-based font family that would contain a comprehensive inventory of glyphs needed for transliteration of Ancient Near Eastern languages.
Collins Thesaurus of the Bible
- Information about Collins Thesaurus of the Bible, author Dr A Colin Day, and software downloads of the full and concise display packages.
- Many resources for those who are interested in studying the biblical world, the theology and the religions. By Daniel Dyke, from Cincinnati, Ohio.
Easton's Bible Dictionary
- A Bible dictionary and word lookup tool. The site works in conjunction with the Online Parallel Bible and BibleTab Concordance.
- A mailing list that will serve to inform the public of developments at ETANA and of additions to Abzu, ETANA's guide to the ancient Near East on-line.
Felix Just, S.J.
- Resources for academic study and pastoral use of the Bible, the Lectionary for Mass, and Christian theology from a Roman Catholic perspective.
The Forbidden Gospels Blog
- A weblog featuring discussions of the Nag Hammadi collection, and other Christian apocrypha.
- A forum for the scholarly discussion of the Dead Sea Scrolls and Qumran archaeology. It is intended to fill the void left by the changes in the Orion e-list.
Gender Studies Bibliographies
- A variety of on-line biblical bibliographies by Victor Matthews.
Glossary of the KJV Bible
- To aid readers of the King James Bible with words that may be difficult for modern readers.
- GreekTranscoder allows the conversion of documents using older fonts and encodings into Unicode fonts, and vice versa.
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
- Complete online text of the 1915 edition edited by James Orr.
Internet Researcher: A Guide to Semitic and Christian Oriental Resources
- Resources for Biblical Studies, Muslim-Christian Relations, Classics, Linguistics, and Orientalist Librarianship. The site lists libraries, publishers, ANE, Bible, Judaica, Classics, Christianity, and general computer tools. It is hosted at the Catholic University of America.
Internet Theology Resources: Scripture
- Annotated links (at College of St. Benedict, St. John's University).
- Biblical studies in both the Old and New Testaments based on the original languages. Biblical language tools and helps.
The Jerusalem Archaeological Park
- The Jerusalem Archaeological Park, Israel's important antiquity site.
Journal of Near Eastern Studies Electronic Edition
- The available issues of the JNES Electronic Edition begin with Volume 62, number 1, January 2003. Articles are available as PDF page image files. Tables of contents only of past issues of JNES can be found at the site. Published by the University of Chicago.
K. C. Hanson's Home Page
- By Professor K. C. Hanson, a fine page with many academic resources for the biblical studies, mainly in the New Testament area.
Literature of Theology: A Classified Bibliography of Theological and General Religious Literature
- Google Books e-text. A guide to literature published in Great Britain, the United States, and Canada. 1895 by John Hurst. Encompasses exegetical, historical, and systematic theology topics.
Mary Phil Korsak
- Personal site with bibliography and excerpts of publications in English and French of a British philologist, translator, Bible scholar.
N. T. Wrong
- Blog about Biblical Studies.
Okeanos: Ancient Near Eastern Studies
- Interdisciplinary resources for the study of the Ancient, Biblical, Classical, and Late Antique Near East.
The Old Testament and the Ancient Near East
- Resources for Old Testament studies, by Ralph W. Klein.
Online Bible Study
- Several English Bibles configurable in parallel manner.
Pictorial Bible Commentary
- Pictorial explanations of the Bible with written comments. Page in English, Spanish, Italian, and Chinese Languages.
Review of Biblical Literature
- Thousands of reviews of scholarly books on various aspects of Bible study. Founded by the Society of Biblical Literature.
- Includes the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, commentaries, reference works.
- Applying computational linguistic technology to the study of Scripture. A New Testament concordance indexed by hyperlinked keywords and an index of Gospel pericopi.
Smith's Bible Dictionary from Westover Study Resources
- Originally written in 1884 as a four volume set. This web version is linked to Torrey's New Topical Textbook, Nave's Topical Bible, the King James Dictionary, the King James Dictionary, and Easton's Bible Dictionary.
- Offers cross reference Bible; also commentary, introduction and outline of all Biblical books with a dictionary and a study calendar.
Wabash Center - Biblical Studies
- An annotated guide to a wide variety of electronic resources to the study of the Bible.
Yahoo! groups: XTalk: Historical Jesus and Christian Origins
- A moderated, academic e-List dedicated to the scholarly study and discussion of the historical Jesus and the early history of Christianity.
Zev Radovan's Bible Land Pictures
- Photo archive containing thousands of pictures covering a wide range of Bible related subjects.
- A resource for the academic study of the Bible and theology by Tyler F. Williams, professor of Old Testament at Taylor University College. [Atom]
- A weblog that aims to chronicle and comment on current developments in the academic field of ancient Judaism and its historical and literary context. [Atom]
References and Tools
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2014 at 14:35:08 UTC -