become an editor
the entire directory
only in Online/English_Translations
Religion and Spirituality
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Bible: Online: English Translations
American Standard Version
English Standard Version
King James Version
Revised Standard Version
World English Bible
Young's Literal Translation
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Afro-Asiatic: Hebrew: Cantillation and Torah Reading
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Hellenic: Classical Greek: Koine: Bible Texts
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Bible: Translations
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Computers: Software: Bible
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Judaism: Torah: Online Texts
This category in other languages:
2001 Translation: An American English Bible
- Written in American English. Selected keywords have linked references.
The Apostolic Bible Polyglot
- Interlinear Bible presents New Testament Greek text and Old Testament Septuagint Greek with English translation and Strong's numbers (PDF-format). Lexical concordance and English-Greek reference.
Aramaic/English Peshitta Interlinear Younan Translation
- English/Aramaic interlinear text. Includes the gospels and portions of Acts (pdf).
- Features MP3 versions of the KJV, WEB, and other translations in different languages.
- Each verse is listed on one page in several English translations.
Bible in Modern English
- Charles Tempelton's blending of the four gospels of the New Testament into a single modern English narrative.
- Serves several international translations including Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. Parallel view, several study tools.
The Boc: New Testament Audio
- Listen online or download the New Testament (mp3) in a new translation called God's Word Bible.
- By A.E. Knoch. Assigns a fixed meaning to each original language word when translated into English. Entire New Testament and introductory articles.
Crosswire: The Bible Tool
- Online Bible in many versions, commentaries, and references. Allows parallel reading and custom preferences.
Dr. George Lamsa Bible
- English translation of the Aramaic (Syriac) Bible used by the Assyrian Church of the East.
- Two versions online (KJV and a new translation) which use Hebrew language names for God and Messiah Jesus in both the Old and New Testaments.
Gospel Hall Church: Online Bible
- Search and view the Bible in two parallel versions. Easton dictionary and Jamieson-Fausset-Brown commentary.
The Hypertext Bible
- Crosslinked KJV, Vulgate (Latin), transliterated Greek New Testament, and Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) both with and without vowels. Includes Apocrypha.
I Search Bible
- Online word search and randomly presented Bible chapters.
It's Bible Time
- Formats up to three parallel columns from KJV, ASV, Young's, English Standard Version or the New Revised Standard Version. Also, a one year Bible reading plan.
King James 2000 New Testament
- KJ2000 version updates only archaic words, maintaining the cadence and lyricism of the original King James.
King James Version, Clarified New Testament
- KJV with archaic words updated.
Lamsa Bible Online
- Dr. George Lamsa's translation of Aramaic Peshitta.
- The New American Standard Bible (NASB) online. Features customizable text formatting. Phrase searches can be filtered by sections of the Bible.
The Manna Bible
- A few samples of mp3 audio Bible in King James and World English Bible versions. Features original music and dramatic sound effects.
- Online resources for learning Torah. The Hebrew Bible (Tanach) and The RaMBaM's Complete Restatement of the Oral Law (Mishneh Torah) in parallel Hebrew and English.
Modern Literal Version
- A literal modern English revision of the ASV.
The NET Bible
- Online version with linked footnotes and information about the translation.
New Living Translation
- Official NLT website. Features passage lookups and word search.
New Testament in Modern English
- By J. B. Phillips. The translator felt that the language in the Authorized Version was archaic and that language which is intelligible to modern children should be used.
The New Testament: An Understandable Version
- By William E. Paul. Created with reference to the Greek text, but not a strict translation. Includes amplifications to the text in brackets to assist the reader in understanding the context and meaning.
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
- Translation produced by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (Jehovah's Witnesses).
The NIV Online
- The official NIV website from Biblica. Features word search, passage lookups, and audio.
Open English Bible
- Creative Commons licenced modern English translation of the Bible
Oremus Bible Browser
- New Revised Standard Version (American and Anglicized versions), and several versions of the Psalms.
Orthodox Jewish Brit Chadasha
- An Orthodox version containing Rabbinic Hebrew terms. Each page is a separate file (PDF).
Parallel Greek New Testament
- American Standard Version, Bible in Basic English, Douay-Rheims Bible, King James Version, Noah Webster Bible, The Darby Translation, Weymouth New Testament, World English Bible, Young's Literal Translation. Including 4 Greek font texts.
- Offering portions of the Contemporary English Version as podcasts.
- Book of Psalms (NIV) by chapter or topic. Audio download (KJV, MP3).
The Recovery Version New Testament Online
- Translated and revised by the Editorial Section of Living Stream Ministry. Includes an outline for each book, and cross references.
Red Egg Bible Project
- Read, search, and take notes on the Bible. Includes many versions and languages, presents two versions in parallel columns for comparison.
Revised Young's Literal Translation
- A work in progress which is a Modern English update of Young's Literal Translation of the Holy Bible published in 1898. Help solicited to proofread the text of this update.
Sacred Name King James Version
- Old Testament names for God are transliterated and presented in capital letters.
Seek God's Word
- Six, searchable online Bibles and scriptural articles and sermons. Includes RSV, NASB, NIV, ASV, KJV, and NKJV.
Still Voices from the Word of God
- Translated by Dr. Walter L. Porter. Displays single or multiple chapters at a time.
UPDV Updated Bible Version
- A revision based on the American Standard Version of 1901. Online and downloadable in several formats (HTML, PDF, MP3).
A Voice in the Wilderness (VW)
- A modified version of the KJV, NKJV, and LITV. Translated for laymen.
William Barclay's Gospel of Luke
- Barclay's own translation excerpted from his "Daily Study Bible" series.
World Wide Study Bible
- Offers several online Bible versions by book and chapter along with related study resources. Includes the Apocrypha.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 28, 2013 at 10:30:13 UTC -