become an editor
the entire directory
only in Translations/English
Religion and Spirituality
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Bible: Translations
Authorized King James Version
- A Wikipedia article giving the background, literary attributes, criticisms and revisions.
- A Wikipedia article on this 1568 Bible.
Brief History of the King James Bible
- An overview of the history, also listing fifteen general rules for the guidance of the translators.
English Bible History
- Summarises the history of the English Bible. Includes portraits and a timeline.
A General View of the History of the English Bible
- Thorough survey beginning with early Saxon versions. By Brooke Foss Wescott, revised in 1905 by William Wright.
The Geneva Bible
- A detailed history of this Bible, completed in 1560, primarily translated by William Whittingham.
- A Wikipedia article, giving the history, the format and a sample text.
The Geneva Bible
- An introduction to the Geneva Bible, also known as the Pilgrim's Bible. The article begins with a general survey of English Bibles.
- A Wikipedia article on this, the first authorized edition of the Bible in English, authorized by King Henry VIII and prepared by Myles Coverdale, working under commission of Sir Thomas Cromwell.
History of the King James Version
- An article which lists instructions for the translators, some of the contributors to the translation and a comparison with other versions.
The King James Bible
- A brief history by Dr. Herbert Samworth.
The King James Version of the Bible
- A lengthy discussion of this version with chapters on its history, its translators and their background, the rules for translation, the sources used and the influence of the Reformers on the translation.
- A Wikipedia article on this manuscript of the late 7th century or early 8th century.
- A Wikipedia article on the history of this Bible of 1537.
Study of the King James Bible
- Downloadable book based on 1912 lecture series by Cleland Boyd McAfee. Recounts creation of the King James Version and its influence on literature and history.
Theology and the Great Tradition of English Bibles
- Tradition, theology, and ideological convictions regarding the Bible have affected its form in the English language. [PDF]
Wikipedia: Early Modern English Bible Translations
- List major early versions and related articles.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 9, 2014 at 12:35:12 UTC -