become an editor
the entire directory
only in Translations/Early
Religion and Spirituality
- An article which briefly traces the history of the Armenian Bible to the early 5th century when an Armenian alphabet was formed. There is also a short description of revisions and modern versions.
History of the Peshitta
- A history with sample pages of manuscripts and a short discussion of the Aramaic language.
- A Wikipedia article on the history, content, style and modern developments of the Peshitta.
Samaritan Language and Literature
- A Catholic Encyclopedia article on the Samaritan language, especially as demonstrated in the Samaritan Pentateuch and Targums.
- A Wikipedia article with some history and a comparison with the Masoretic text.
The Septuagint in Early Christian Writings
- Notes on Septuagint and its use by the authors of the New Testament. Includes a comparison of the Greek New Testament and Septuagint texts.
- A Catholic Encyclopedia article on the origin, the historical importance and the critical value of the Septuagint.
Septuagint, LXX, Versions of the Bible, History of the Bible
- Several articles on Versions of the Bible, the Septuagint, the Vulgate, Codices, Codex.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 21, 2015 at 7:54:04 UTC -