become an editor
the entire directory
only in Translations/Early
Religion and Spirituality
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Bible: History: Translations: Early
- An article which briefly traces the history of the Armenian Bible to the early 5th century when an Armenian alphabet was formed. There is also a short description of revisions and modern versions.
History of the Peshitta
- A history with sample pages of manuscripts and a short discussion of the Aramaic language.
The History of the Septuagint
- A history and a comparison with the Masoretic Text.
- A Wikipedia article on the history, content, style and modern developments of the Peshitta.
Samaritan Language and Literature
- A Catholic Encyclopedia article on the Samaritan language, especially as demonstrated in the Samaritan Pentateuch and Targums.
- A Wikipedia article with some history and a comparison with the Masoretic text.
The Septuagint in Early Christian Writings
- Notes on Septuagint and its use by the authors of the New Testament. Includes a comparison of the Greek New Testament and Septuagint texts.
- A Catholic Encyclopedia article on the origin, the historical importance and the critical value of the Septuagint.
Septuagint, LXX, Versions of the Bible, History of the Bible
- Several articles on Versions of the Bible, the Septuagint, the Vulgate, Codices, Codex.
Three Early Biblical Translations
- Brief history of the Septuagint, the Peshitta and the Latin Vulgate.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 15, 2012 at 10:15:04 UTC -