the entire directory
only in Christianity/Bible
Religion and Spirituality
Local Church Movement Perspective
Names of God
References and Tools
Kids and Teens: People and Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Bible
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Judaism: Torah
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Religious Texts: Christianity
This category in other languages:
Crosswalk: Bible Study Tools
- Resources for conducting word, verse, and topic searches in many Bible versions, Greek and Hebrew lexicons, commentaries, concordances, and biblical dictionaries. Includes church history and sermon helps.
Answers to Bible Questions
- Ask a question. Archives of past questions and answers. From The Holly Street church of Christ in Denver.
- Bible stories, songs, poetry, and games presented in American Sign Language (ASL) and in visually rich multimedia.
- Information about the Bible, where it came from, where to find various books or topics, and overviews of each of the books it contains. Online pronunciation of difficult Bible words and names [WAV format].
- Overview of the Bible, daily reading plan, effective study methods, book introductions, and the Dead Sea Scrolls.
The Bible Book by Book
- Downloadable (HTML, text, Palm PDA) book by Josiah Blake Tidwell (Baylor University, 1912). Outlines and summaries for each book of the Bible.
- Articles and a weekly column about the Bible and its history. Comparison of beliefs by denomination. Evidence of the Bible's authenticity and authority.
The Bible Period by Period
- Downloadable (HTML, text, Palm PDA) book by Josiah Blake Tidwell (Baylor University, 1916). Chronological survey of Biblical history.
- Online Bible versions and PDF downloads in many languages, devotional resources, dictionaries, and sermons.
The Bible Probe
- General articles introducing the Bible and specific studies by topic including creation and the Book of Revelation.
Bible Prophecy Numbers
- Examines dates and number patterns in prophecy to confirm Bible chronology.
- Answers to questions about difficult verses and terminology in the Bible. Most questions are grouped under books of the Bible, and some topical questions as well.
Bible Resource Center
- American Bible Society resources to promote Bible reading and study. Translation guides, articles from devotional to scholarly, a Bible reading plan, and youth pages. Online video and audio presentations (WindowsMedia).
- Topical answers from the Bible to common questions.
The Bible Story
- The main characters and events of the entire Bible condensed into a few pages. Divided by book of the Bible.
Bible Study File Server
- Large collection of audio (mp3) resources including the World English Bible, sermons, and Bible studies.
- Daily reading through the Bible in one year (NIV, Large Print). Bible riddle, trivia, and devotional links.
- Bible concordance: Choose a theme or word from a large list and find relevant Bible verses.
- Online index of Bible verses by subject as found in R. A. Torrey's The New Topical Textbook, 1897.
- Serious fun teaching about the Bible.
- Bible search tools, studies by book and verse, commentaries, and question and answer forum. International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE) online.
- Online Bible in many translations, concordance search, cross-references, commentaries, Greek or Hebrew for any verse, and the history of the English Bible.
Biblica: Frequently Asked Questions About the Bible
- FAQ with 21 common questions. Written by Dr. Eugene Rubingh, retired V.P. of Translation for the International Bible Society.
Biblical Resource Center and Museum
- Institution offering exhibits and education programs about the Bible and its history. News, visitor information, and resources for researchers.
Blue Letter Bible
- Searchable Bible, by verse or keyword. Several English translations, plus the Vulgate, and interlinear Hebrew OT and Greek NT. Text and audiovideo commentaries, Bible maps and charts.
The Brick Testament
- Selected Bible passages illustrated with Lego blocks.
- Online KJV Bible, gospel parallels for Jesus' life, reading plans, and Bible verses by topic.
Christian Resource Institute
- Biblical and theological articles including Bible studies, readings, and devotions. FAQs, history, doctrine, creeds, pastoral resources, and forum. [English, some Russian and Portuguese]
Confidence in the Word
- A beginner's introduction to the Bible, its contents, claims, and themes. Reading, meditation, and study tips.
- Basic Bible themes explained, audio sermons (mp3), one year reading plan, and daily verse. [Requires Java]
Darkness to Light: The Bible
- Defending the reliability and integrity of the Christian Bible.
- Commentaries, studies, and readings from Wycliffe Associates UK written in EasyEnglish, a simple English vocabulary.
- A collection of online Bible stories.
Frontline Ministries: Jet Tour of the Bible
- Reviews the main theme of each book of the Bible.
- Answers from the Bible by email and online archive to questions about God, the Bible, and Christian beliefs.
- Expositional Bible studies, topical dictionary, courses by e-mail, reading plan, and Bible survey.
Growing Christians Ministries
- A Bible teaching ministry with Bible study courses, apologetics, and devotions online and downloadable.
- Describes how to study the Bible through a series of tutorials. Includes interpretation, application, and recommended study tools. Bible studies indexed by topic and verse. [Requires Java]
- Online KJV. Each chapter in its own file, with links to notes. Also has Christian resources including the miracles and parables of the Lord as well as topical studies.
InterVarsity Press: Hard Saying of the Day
- Takes a look at a Bible passage that people often have trouble understanding. Picks a new passage every day.
Light unto My Path
- Studies in Genesis, Mark, and a variety of Bible topics with references from the King James Version. E-mail newsletter and online archive. [Requires Java]
Ministries of Grace
- Introductory articles about the text, transmission, and canon of the Bible. An original translation of the Book of Revelation.
Nave's Topical Bible
- Complete text of Orville J. Nave's Topical Bible, with complete Bible verses.
Officers' Christian Fellowship: Leading Small Groups
- How to lead a small group Bible study. Although written for officers in the military, it has general advice good for any small group. Includes advice on handling disruptions, and dividing as the group grows.
Overview of Bible Study
- Compares translations and versions, reviews study aids, provides a brief history of the Christian church, and includes exercises on biblical topics.
- Bible verses and quotes covering a range of different topics.
- Promoting and defending the Bible with supporting resources including Sola Scriptura magazine, A Word from the Word radio program, eParousia newsletter, conference speakers, and articles about the Bible.
Sola Scriptura, Only the Scriptures
- Scripture readings on various topics from the New King James version.
Spirit Home: Scripture
- Reading the Bible in faith, along with terms and topics explaining the process for the novice.
- Bible search, many translations, Greek and Hebrew texts, lexicons, commentaries, concordances, encyclopedias, dictionaries, and historical documents.
Teach Me the Bible
- An introduction to the Bible and basic Christian beliefs.
UMC: The Bible: The Book that Bridges the Millennia
- A presentation of the Bible by the United Methodist Church. Part I covers the origins of the Bible. Part II deals with its interpretation and authority.
- Encyclopedia article written from a secular perspective.
Usenet alt.bible -
Usenet soc.religion.christian.bible-study -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 8, 2014 at 6:15:08 UTC -