become an editor
the entire directory
only in Buddhism/What_Is_Buddhism
Religion and Spirituality
What Is Buddhism
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: Buddhism: What Is Buddhism
What is Zen
B is for Buddhism
- Information for beginners.
- Introduction to Buddhist philosophy and practice.
Common American Misconceptions About Buddhism
- Reincarnation, prayer, and paganism.
Fundamental Buddhism Explained
- Explicit explanation of fundamental Buddhism based on the Pali Canon, recognized by Buddhist scholars as the oldest surviving written record of what the Buddha said and taught.
The History and Philosophy of Buddhism
- A simple, yet comprehensive, non-sectarian introduction to Buddhist history, philosophy and culture.
How to convert to Buddhism?
- A light-hearted overview of what it means to be a Buddhist. Written from a relatively objective perspective.
An Introduction to Buddhism
- To do no evil; To cultivate good; To purify one's mind: This is the teaching of the Buddhas. --The Dhammapada
An Overview of Buddhism
- A brief introduction to Buddhism. How Buddhists perceive the world, the four main teachings of the Buddha, the Buddhist view of the self, the relationship between this self and the various ways in which it responds to the world, the Buddhist path and the final goal.
Resources for the Study of Buddhism
- Site contains links to both general Buddhist resources and specialized materials on Zen, Chinese Buddhism, Yogacara Buddhism, and various Buddhist scriptures (sutras/suttas).
Searching for Buddha
- Provides a simple introduction to Buddhism, answering the most common questions by curious people.
What Buddhists Believe
- Online version of a book by K.Sri Dhammananda giving an extensive explanation of basic Buddhist thought from a Theravadan Buddhist perspective.
What Is Buddhism?
- Excellent introduction to Buddhism provided by Mahidol University, Thailand.
The Word Of The Buddha
- Online version of the classic introduction to Buddhism published in 1906 by the Buddhist Publication Society. The book covers the basic principles of Buddhism, selected from the five great collections of discourses which form the Sutta-Pitaka.
What Is Buddhism
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:54:08 AM EDT -