become an editor
the entire directory
only in Teachings/Jataka_Tales
Religion and Spirituality
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: Buddhism: Teachings: Jataka Tales
Society: Folklore: Literature: Tales: Fables
- Jataka stories of moral conduct and good behaviour.
- Three Jataka tales: "The Jackal Who Saved the Lion", "The Greedy Crow", and "The Doe Which Set Her Husband Free".
Jataka Tales of the Buddha (Part I)
- Four Jataka Tales: "Crossing the Wilderness", "The Traders of Seriva", "The Goat that Laughed and Wept", and "The Straw Worth More Than Gold".
Jataka Tales of the Buddha (Part II)
- Three Jataka tales: "The Miserly Treasurer", "What's in a name?", and "The Queen's Necklace".
Jataka Tales of the Buddha (Part III)
- Four Jataka tales: "The Fifth Precept", "A Good Friend", "The Sound the Hare Heard", and "The Great Monkey King".
A Jataka-Tale from the Tibetan
- Article by H. Wenzel, published in "The Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland."
The Jatakas Tales
- Eighteen tales retold by Ellen C. Babbitt (1912); e-text from the Baldwin Project.
More Jataka Tales
- By Ellen C. Babbitt (1922), e-text from the Baldwin Project.
Project Gutenberg: More Jataka Tales
- Re-told by Ellen C. Babbitt.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:28:50 AM EDT -