become an editor
the entire directory
only in Buddhism/Psychology
Religion and Spirituality
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Psychology and Religion
As Zen Replaces the Id - Psychology and Zen Buddhism
- Includes resources concerning Buddhism and its application to Psychology.
Buddhist Meditation and Depth Psychology
- Scientific, spiritual and social exploration on meditation and its impact on Westerners.
- Essay on the history of Buddhist Psychology.
Buddhist psychology: A review of theory and practice
- This survey is confined to the texts of Theravada Buddhism.
Meditation and Personal Construct Psychology
- This essay provides a useful introduction to both Buddhist thinking in relation to brain and behavior, and to a branch of western psychology.
- Alternative methods of mental health such as Morita Therapy and Naikan from Japan. These methods are rooted in Eastern philosophy and applied to life in contemporary Western society.
Towards a Buddhist Psychotherapy
- An effort at showing the relevance of Buddhism to western psychotherapy, especially existential therapy.
Was the Buddha the First Humanist?
- The Buddha's concept of Abidhamma appears as a supremely naturalistic and psychological one. It refers to the representation within the human mind of the external order of things and events. It is the logical system for organizing and interpreting experience that is constructed by human mental capacities during the process of experiencing external phenomena: the instrument that regulates the mind.
Why Meditation isn't Psychotherapy
- Essay by Patrick Kearney regarding the confusion between Buddhist meditation and modern psychotherapy.
Zen and Western Psychotherapy: Nirvanic Transcendence and Samsaric Fixation
- An argument that both the ends and the means of Buddhist practice far exceed the limitations of Western psychotherapy in its dominant forms. This claim is substantiated by examining the underlying views of human nature in the broader context of cosmic Nature, as these reflect the assumed nature of the therapeutic task.
- Offers a personality test and meditation subjects based on Chinese elements and Buddhist psychological theory.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 10, 2016 at 8:24:06 UTC -