become an editor
the entire directory
only in Buddhism/Morality
Religion and Spirituality
Society: Philosophy: Ethics: Applied: Vegetarianism and Veganism
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Buddhism: Lineages: Zen: Criticism
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Buddhism: Psychology
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Morality
Buddhism and Medical Ethics
- A bibliographic introduction.
Buddhism and Respect for Parents
- Extensive sutra analysis of Buddha's teaching on respecting one's parents.
- The basic concepts of Buddhist morality.
- An explanation of the Precepts by Robert Aitken Roshi.
The Golden Rules of Buddhism
- Quotes from Therevada sources on daily life, organized by topic.
Questions and Answers on Buddhist Moral Issues
- Topics include: good and evil, marriage, divorce, birth control and abortion, suicide, war, military service, mercy killing, killing for self protection, stealing from the rich to feed the poor, extramarital sex, white lies, intoxicants.
- Sila (virtue, moral conduct) is the cornerstone upon which the entire Noble Eightfold Path is built. The practice of sila is defined by the middle three factors of the Eightfold Path: Right Speech, Right Action, and Right Livelihood.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 3, 2016 at 21:29:46 UTC -