become an editor
the entire directory
only in Zen_and_Other_Religions/Christianity
Religion and Spirituality
Zen and Other Religions
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: Buddhism: Lineages: Zen: Zen and Other Religions: Christianity
Buddhism and Christianity
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Catholicism: People: Merton, Thomas
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Prayer: Mysticism
The (Zen) Rule of The White Robed Monks of St. Benedict
- An expression of the similarities between Zen and Christianity.
Jesus Through Buddhist Eyes
- The bodhisattva from Nazareth.
Meetingbrook Dogen & Francis Hermitage
- Offers side-by-side practice and study of Zen Meditation and Christian Contemplative Prayer.
Monastic Interreligious Dialogue
- MID was established by the Benedictine Confederation in 1978 to assume a leadership role in the dialogue between Christianity and Buddhism by developing conversations, encounters, and mututal exchange between monastics of different religions.
- Incorporated in 1992 as a non-profit Ecumenical religious corporation. The purpose of the organization is to encourage and support ourselves and others on the Way of deepening awareness and realizing Life. For direction and guidance toward realizing this purpose we look to teachers from the Christian contemplative tradition as interpreted by Fr. Willigis Jaeger, OSB, and from the Zen Buddhist tradition of the Diamond Sangha.
Zazen and Christianity
- Talk given by Yamada Roshi. "Zen is not a religion, in the same sense that Christianity is a religion. Therefore, there is no reason why Christianity and zazen cannot co-exist. Almost all Buddhist sects can be called religions. Zazen, however, is quite different in this respect. Quite simply, it is the core of all Buddhist sects."
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 24, 2013 at 7:02:56 UTC -