become an editor
the entire directory
only in Zen/Masters_and_Teachers
Religion and Spirituality
Masters and Teachers
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Enlightenment: Teachers
Society: Religion and Spirituality: People: Spiritual Personalities: Buddhism
This category in other languages:
- Roshi for White Wind Zen Centers: Zen Centre of Ottawa; Wolfville Zazenkai, Wolfville, Nova Scotia; and, Harrow Zazenkai, South Harrow, Middlesex, England.
Chan Master Wei Li
- The founder of the Tu An Zen Temple at Santa Ana, Chan Master Wei Li [Thich Duy Luc in Vietnamese] is an 89th generation master in the Chan tradition. He was a student of Master Dieu Duyen who was a close disciple of Master Hsu Yun [Empty Cloud] and Master Lai Kuo. This site contains articles about Buddhism, Chan Buddhism, and a biography of the master.
- Cheri Huber has been a student and teacher of Zen for over 30 years. This site contains schedules of public talks and workshops, signup form, writings archive, booking information, links to her Internet radio show, and background information.
- Teaches at Furnace Mountain. Received transmission from Zen Master Seung Sahn, Kwan Um School. Founded Furnace Mountain, in 1986. Guiding Teacher of the Queensland Zen Center (Australia), Lexington Zen Center, Dae Mun Zen Group of Cincinnati, and Indianapolis Zen Group.
- Diane Rizzetto was born in 1942 in Boston, Massachusetts. She married at a young age and had three children. In 1978 she moved to California and soon afterwards began studying with Sojun Mel Weitsman at the Berkeley Zen Center. After practicing at the Berkeley center for several years, she began study with Charlotte Joko Beck of the Zen Center of San Diego.
Dr. John Crook
- Dr. John Crook received Dharma transmission from Master Sheng-yen in 1993. He runs the Western Chan Fellowship in England and conducts Western Zen Retreats, Mahamudra Retreats, and Chan retreats throughout Europe.
Female Zen Teachers
- Comprehensive list and biographies of current female Western Zen teachers.
Kobutsu Shindo (Kevin Malone)
- Ordained American Rinzai Zen Buddhist priest of the Gempo-Soen-Eido lineage, studied with the Venerable Eido Sotai Shimano, Roshi. Kobutsu has been a student in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition and studied with Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche.
- Affiliated with the Association Buddhist Zen of Master Deshimaru. Born in Paris, 1950. Received shiho from Master Niwa Zenji, in the Soto tradition. Site accompanied by Kosen's rock music.
- Kusala Bhikshu (Thich Tam-Thien) is an American born monk ordained in the Vietnamese Zen tradition (Thien). He lives and works at the International Buddhist Meditation Center in Los Angeles. He also serves as a chaplain at the Garden Grove Police Department.
Kwan Um Zen School Teachers
- Zen Masters, biography of Seung Sahn and teaching article archive.
Kyozan Joshu Sasaki Roshi
- Founder of Rinzai-ji.
Mary Jise Jaksch
- Appointed as a teacher in the Diamond Sangha lineage by Ross Bolleter Roshi with the blessing of Mary's elder Teacher, Robert Aitken Roshi.
- Michael McAlister is a Zen-inspired but ecumenical spiritual teacher. He leads the Infinite Smile Sangha (ISS) in Lafayette, California. This ISS site contains links relating to his retreats, his writing, and recorded talks & video.
Myoyu Andersen Sensei
- Myoyu Andersen Sensei became a Dharma heir of Taizan Maezumi Roshi in 1995. She teaches at the Zen Center of Bloomington and the Great Plain Zen Center. This site conotains introduction to the Great Plain Zen Center and its calendar of event.
Reb Anderson, Tenshin Roshi
- Tenshin Reb Anderson is Senior Dharma teacher at San Francisco Zen Center.
Robert E. Kennedy Roshi
- Fr. Robert E Kennedy S.J. Roshi is a Dharma heir of Bernard Glassman Roshi. He had studied with Yamada Roshi and Maezumi Roshi. He is chair of the Theology Department of Saint Peter's College in Jersey City, New Jersey. This site contains practice schedules, biographical information, online articles, and links to other zendos.
Roshi Gensho Hozumi
- The guiding teacher of the Kyoto International Zendo. Hozumi Roshi trained under Yamada Mumon Roshi for 12 years and received transmission from Omori Sogen Roshi. Includes a collection of his writings and information about the Kyoto International Zendo.
- Zen Master Ross Bolleter Roshi teaches in Australia and New Zealand in the Diamond Sangha tradition.
- Rev. Shohaku Okumara has been an ordained priest of Soto Zen since 1970. He is the director of the Soto Zen Education Center in San Francisco, and the head teacher of Sanshin Zen Community in Bloomington, Indiana.
Sojun Mel Weitsman
- Abbot of the Berkeley Zen Center.
Sunyana Graef Sensei
- Disciple of Roshi Philip Kapleau. Teaches at the Vermont Zen Center and Casa Zen in Costa Rica.
Taigen Dan Leighton
- Taigen Dan Leighton is a Soto Zen priest with Dharma Transmission from Reb Anderson Roshi. He is an author and translator of a few books and teaches at the Berkeley Graduate Theological Union. The site contains information about his Sangha, as well as articles and Dharma talks.
Teachings of Master Nan Huai-Chin
- Two excerpts from Master Nan's books translated into English. A teacher in the three traditions of Confucian, Buddhist tradition and the Taoist tradition.
- Abbot of Toshoji International Zen Center and a seminal influence on the growth of Zen Buddhism in Italy. He received Dharma transmission in the Harada Roshi Line from Tetsugyu Ban Roshi.
Thich Nhat Hanh
- Biography. Includes Real Audio excerpts of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings.
Thich Nhat Hanh
- Biography, short quotes and articles on peace and buddhism.
- Anonymous self-proclaimed Zen Master. Founder of Awakening 101.
Zen Dharma Teachers
- DharmaNet's Guide to Zen/Ch'an Dharma Teachers.
Zen Master AMA Samy GEN-UN-KEN
- AMA Samy is rooted in Christianity and in Zen; he can be said to stand in-between Hinduism, Buddhism and Christianity. He was given transmission by Yamada Ko-Un Roshi of Sanbo Kyodan in 1982. He is the Zen Master of the Bodhi Zendo in India and the founder of Bodhi Sangha.
Zen Master Zensho W. Kopp
- Zensho W. Kopp is a direct dharma successor of Zen Master Soji Enku. He is the spiritual director of Zen-Centre Tao Chan.
Masters and Teachers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2015 at 14:05:05 UTC -