become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/New_York
Religion and Spirituality
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Buddhism: Centers and Groups by Region: United States: New York
Mt. Tremper: Zen Mountain Monastery
- Monastery and training center for monastics and lay practitioners. Information on activities, articles on the dharma and Zen arts.
Zen Centers in New York
- Complete list of all Zen Centers in New York, maintained by the International Research Institute for Zen Buddhism.
Elmhurst: Dharma Drum Mountain
- A residential Buddhist community in the tradition of Master Sheng-yen (Shifu). Chinese Ch'an Buddhist center in the Lin-Chi (Rinzai) lineage. Offers regular group meditation and frequent retreats.
New York: Village Zendo
- Training temple for the Zen Peacemaker Order, Harada Yasutani lineage. Offers a complete Zen practice schedule.
New York: Zen Center of New York City
- The city branch of Zen Mountain Monastery under the direction of ZMM vice-abbess Bonnie Myotai Treace Sensei is dedicated to supporting lay practice for both beginning and experienced practitioners. Information on activities.
New York: Community of Mindfulness/NY Metro
- Inspired by the Teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh.
New York: Ordinary Mind Zendo
- Offers daily sittings. Affiliated with Chartotte Joko Beck and the San Diego Zen Center.
New York: Still Mind Zendo
- Practices in the Soto-Rinzai lineage of Taizan Maezumi Roshi and the White Plum Asanga. Offers group zazen several times weekly.
Rochester Zen Center
- Established in 1966 by Roshi Philip Kapleau, who spent thirteen years undergoing Zen training in Japan under three Zen masters before being ordained by Hakuun Yasutani-roshi in 1965 and given permission by him to teach. The Rochester Zen Center has a large membership in Rochester and throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Europe. In 1986 Bodhin Kjolhede was installed as Roshi Kapleau's Dharma-successor and Director of the Center.
Rye: Empty Hand Zendo
- The Meeting House Zen Group has its origins in a weekly sitting program led by Susan Postal at Wainwright House from 1980-1985. Responding to an invitation by Rye Friends to share their historic Meeting House, Susan with the support of her teacher began leading evening zazen there twice weekly in 1986. The Zen Group incorporated as a not for profit organization in 1988.
Shawangunk: Dharma Drum Retreat Center
- Retreat center for Dharma Drum Mountain, a Ch'an Buddhist association in the lineage of Lin-Chi (Rinzai).
- Center near Rochester which holds silent meditation retreats and other events. Buddhist oriented but non-denominational. Articles and talks by the center's founder, Toni Packer.
Syracuse: Zen Center of Syracuse, Hoen-ji
- Offers a full Zen practice schedule, with a resident teacher. Affiliated with the Dai Bosatsu Zendo and the Rinzai tradition.
White Plains Interfaith Zendo
- Affiliated with the Inisfada Interfaith Zen Center.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2014 at 21:30:20 UTC -