become an editor
the entire directory
only in Tibetan/Organizations
Religion and Spirituality
Regional: Asia: China: Tibet: Society and Culture
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Political Prisoners: Tibet
Society: Issues: Territorial Disputes: China: Tibet
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Buddhism: Engaged Buddhism: Organizations
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Buddhism: Organizations
- Founded by H.E. K.C. Ayang Rinpoche to preserve Tibetan culture and support Tibetan refugees in exile. Its activities reflect the intertwining of Buddhism and Tibetan culture.
The Aro gTer
- A lineage within the Nyingma tradition of Vajrayana Buddhism. Information about all the associated Sanghas, teachers, and projects.
- A non-profit educational association directed by Ringu Tulku Rinpoche aimed at exposing the ancient wisdom of Buddhism to the modern world while preserving it in Tibet and the Himalayas. List of projects and Rinpoche's teaching schedule.
Buddhism in Braille
- Dharma Access Project provides free brailled prayers to dharma centers, friends and family members of the blind. Contact information.
Buddhist Congregation Dharmaling
- A site dedicated to Mahayana-Vajrayana Buddhism, of Tibetan School. Teachings, advice, mailing list.
Charitable Assistance Society Online
- A group under the guidance of H.H. Dalai Lama and other Lamas that supports a number of charitable activities and Buddhist programs. Listing of activities and events.
Dharma Friendship Foundation
- Dedicated to the study and practice of Buddhism. Online library of articles and Dharma audio, plus class information. Resident teacher: Venerable Thubten Chodron. Located in Seattle, Washington.
Diamond Way Buddhism
- Karma Kagyu tradition. Ole Nydahl's organisation, supporting the Karmapa Thaye Dorje.
Dorje Ling Buddhist Center
- Representing the 700-year-old Jonang Tradition of Tibetan Buddhism under the guidance of Tulku Tashi Gyaltsan Rinpoche, with centers in Atlanta, New York, and Taiwan. Information on lineage, teachers, events; photo gallery, and audio teachings (RealAudio required.)
- This non-profit organization is devoted to the work of ZaChoeje Rinpoche. All of his work is centered on teaching and assisting the region of Tibet he is responsible for, as appointed by H.H. the Dalai Lama.
- An organization in the Nyingma tradition directed by Gochen Tulku Sang-ngag Rinpoche, especially to preserve the lineage of Tsa-sum Ling-pa. Information on the teachers, locations, current projects, and schedule of events.
The Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition
- Organization devoted to the transmission of the Mahayana Buddhist tradition and values worldwide through teaching, meditation, and community service.
German Khordong Association
- Information about H.H. Chhimed Rigdzin Rinpoche, associated centers, his main deciples and projects. Includes contact information and photo gallery.
Institute of Buddhist Learning and Practice
- IBLP was established by His Eminence Khejok Rinpoche, abbot of the Dhe-Tsang Monastery in Tibet. Its purpose is to spread Buddhist teachings, in particular of the Gelugpa tradition. Headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Intercollegiate Diamond Way Buddhist Network
- University groups that are part of the Karma Kagyu School of Tibetan Buddhism, under the direction of Lama Ole Nydhal. Contains teachings, listing of centers, and links to other Diamond Way sites.
International Kalacakra Network
- Entirely dedicated to the Kalachakra Tantra practice as a resource for practitioners. Contains extensive illustrated documentation, Kalachakra calendar, mandala images, teachings by various Lamas, and links to discussion groups.
- A spiritual, cultural, and humanitarian organization that translates the ancient wisdom of Tibetan Buddhism into contemporary life.
- Dedicated to the female buddha Yeshe Tsogyal in the Nyingma lineage of Tibetan Vajrayana Buddhism. Projects include scriptural translation, sacred art, education, and spiritual retreats.
- Resource center for information regarding the Jonang Tibetan Buddhist tradition as well as projects hosted by Jonang Foundation.
Kagyu Media Lab
- A volunteer organization working with sanghas throughout the world to share recorded dharma material.
Karmapa Thaye Dorje and the Dhagpo Kagyu Mandala
- Information concerning the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa, Thaye Dorje and his European centers.
Kunzang Palyul Choling
- Centers under the direction of Jetsunma Ahkon Lhamo. Information on each center and its activities.
The Liberation Prison Project
- Offers books and study material to prison inmates.
Light of Berotsana
- Group founded to translate Tibetan texts into English. Information on translation projects and group members.
The Longchen Foundation
- The Longchen Foundation is a community of Buddhist teachers and students practicing meditation in the Mahayana and Dzogchen traditions of Buddhism. Located in the UK, led by Rigdzin Shikpo.
- Devoted to Mindrolling Tibetan monastery in India. It is one of the major monastic lineages in the Nyimgma tradition. Included is information about its history, associated centers in India, Tibet, and China, teachers, news and contact data.
Muktinath - Annapurna - Nepal
- Muktinath Foundation International is a non-profit group working to preserve the Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage site Muktinath - Chumig Gyatsa - and the cultural and religious heritage connected to it. Includes biographies of its Abbot, Lama Wangyal, his Grandfather, image galleries, news, and travel information.
- Modeled on the Tibetan tradition of monastic colleges, or shedra, preserving the tradition of analytical meditation, contemplative study, and dharma conversation (debate). Includes curriculum, listing of faculty, and list of publications.
- Located in Dharamsala, India, dedicated to the preservation of Tibetan art and culture.
Osel Dorje Nyingpo
- Dedicated to the teaching of Tantric Vajrayana Buddhism under the direction of Ven. Khempo Yurmed Tinly Rinpoche. Biography of Khempo Yurmed, projects, translations, and his teaching schedule.
Padmasambhava Buddhist Center
- Established by Khenchen Palden Sherab Rinpoche and Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche to spread the teachings of Buddhism according to the Nyingma lineage. List of centers, teaching and retreat schedules, and teachers' biographies.
Palyul Ling International, Tibetan Buddhist Centers in the Nyingma Tradition
- Centers located worldwide. History and teachings of Buddhism and the Nyingma school. News. Contact information and links to centers.
Pema Kod Project for the Preservation of Buddhadharma
- A project involving reconstruction and preservation of the very sacred Pema Köd retreat land in Northern India. Project history and description.
- Information on world-wide teaching schedules of Tsoknyi Rinpoche, Mingyur Rinpoche, and Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche, newsletters (require Acrobat Reader,) and other activities of the organization.
Rangjung Yeshe Gomde, Denmark
- A place in Europe for teaching and practice of the Vajrayana tradition of Buddhism following the lineage passing through Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche and Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche. The spiritual head is Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche.
The Rigdzin Community
- A community in the Nyingma lineage directed by Namkha Rinpoche. Information on centers, schedules, and projects.
- A study college, established in 2000, at the principal teaching centre of Lerab Ling, in the South of France. Schedule, information about teachers, curriculum, and how to participate.
Sakya Ngor Ewam Phende Ling
- Centers in the Ngor Sakya tradition under the direction of H.E. Phende Rinpoche. Includes basic teachings on Tibetan Buddhism, the Sakya lineages and Lamas.
Sangye Temple Buddhist Organisation
- Information about Sangye Temple, directed by Khenpo Sangpo Rinpoche. Brief biographies of the teachers, their projects in Tibet, and teachings.
- The purpose of Satdharma is to propagate the unique transmission of the Karma Kagyü lineage that the Vajra Regent received from Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche and conferred upon the current lineage holder, Patrick Sweeney, Trime Lhawang.
- Information about the European community of meditation centers in Europe led by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche and founded by Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche.
- Shambhala is an international community of 165 meditation centers led by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche; founded by Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche. Program, news, teachers of Shambala Organisation.
- An international Buddhist association of non-profit centers, with the principal intention of preserving the Buddhist teachings, as well as increasing an awareness and understanding of the many aspects of the Buddhist teaching, beyond the limits of cultures and traditions. Under the guidance of Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
Tara Dhatu - Pure Realm of Tara
- Organization dedicated to inspiring and uplifting humanity through the sacred arts, focusing on the Dance of the 21 Praises of Tara. Tara Dhatu also has charity programs aiding Tibetan refugees in India and Nepal.
- Aims to disseminate the works of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, and his message of peace and harmony; to further the understanding of Tibetan Buddhism and culture, and to work towards their continuity and preservation.
Tibetan Nuns Project
- The project provides basic humanitarian aide to refugee nuns from Tibet now living in India. Five different nunneries, each from a different Tibetan Buddhist tradition, receive support. Listing of projects and ways to donate to them.
Unfettered Mind - Ken McLeod
- Individual and group instruction in Buddhist meditation methods and guidance in how to take apart the habituated patterns that keep us from being completely present in our lives.
United Trungram Buddhist Fellowship
- A worldwide organization providing teachings, meditation guidance and engaged in social welfare work. It follows the Trungram Tradition of the Kagyu School of Vajrayana Buddhism. Information on centers, projects, teachers, and Tibetan calendar.
- Meditation centers under the direction of Bhakha Tulku Rinpoche. Practice schedules, center contact information, projects, and biographies of teachers.
- A non-profit educational organization under the direction of Lama Lhanang Rinpoche of the Nyingma Longchen Nying-Thig tradition with centers located mainly in California. Listing of projects, Lama's biography, center schedules, and contact information.
The Zangdok Palri Institute
- Founded by Dzogchen Ranyak Patrul Rinpoche the Institute presents a non-degree course in general Buddhist studies, and a six-year degree course for Dzogchen practitioners. Detailed information on both courses, schedules, and enrollment forms.
Zhyisil Chokyi Ghatsal
- Dharma activities and publishing of the teachings of the lineage holders of the Karma Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism. Biographies, online teachings, book excerpts, and online book catalog are available.
Usenet alt.meditation -
Usenet alt.religion.buddhism.tibetan -
Usenet talk.religion.buddhism -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 2, 2013 at 5:24:05 UTC -