become an editor
the entire directory
only in Centers_and_Monasteries/Australia
Religion and Spirituality
Centers and Monasteries
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Buddhism: Centers and Groups by Region: Australia
Adelaide: Buddha House Centre for Advanced Buddhist Studies
- A centre of Tibetan Buddhist education, offering classes, workshops, and retreats. Includes activity calendar, and details of teachers.
Australia Tibet Council
- A non-profit organization that campaigns for the right of the Tibetan people to decide their own future. Site contains details of awareness camapigns and Tibetan news.
Buddhism Diamond Way Australia
- Part of an international network of Buddhist meditation centres directed by Lama Ole Nydahl. Site contains details of Centres and events.
- Support body for FPMT centres in Australia.
Kangaroo Island: De-Tong Ling Retreat Centre
- Buddhist retreat Centre. Details of current projects, history, and contact information included.
New South Wales: Dzogchen Community of Namgyalgar
- Offers teaching and meditation practice. Includes photo gallery and event calendar.
New South Wales: Vajrayana Institute
- A branch of the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT). Site contains schedule of events and a newsletter.
Perth: Tibetan Buddhist Society
- Offers Buddhist teachings.
Queensland: Chenrezig Institute for Buddhist Studies
- A centre for Buddhist study, meditation and retreat, in hills of the Sunshine Coast.
- Rigpa Australia is a Tibetan Buddhist organisation which has centres in most of Australia's capital cities. Rigpa was established by Sogyal Rinpoche, author of Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. Rigpa centres provide study and practice programs, courses, access to teachings other many other services.
Sydney: Kyegu Buddhist Institute
- Established to provide an educational institution for the Teachings and Practices of the Sakya Tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.
Sydney: Sakya Dolma Choe Ling
- A Tibetan Buddhist centre in the Sakya tradition, meeting in a gompa in Eastwood. Includes event calendar and picture gallery.
Tashi Choeling Tibetan Buddhist Centre
- A Gelug practice centre. Site contains a newsletter and details of Geshe Jampel Senge, the Centre's spiritual director.
The Tibetan Buddhist Society
- The Society holds meditation and Buddhist philosophy classes. There are centres in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane. The site contains a newsletter and a schedule of events.
Victoria: Drol Kar Buddhist Centre
- Runs a weekly teaching program which is open to non-members. Site contains teaching schedule and background information.
Victoria: Odiyana Buddhist Centre
- Founded by David Christensen (Lama Urgyen Yeshe Ozer) as a setting for people to discover Tibetan Buddhism. Site contains details of retreats and courses.
Victoria: The Great Stupa of Universal Compassion
- A project to build the Tse-Chen Cho-Khor Ling stupa, one of the largest in the Western world. Site contains project plans, and background information on stupas.
Usenet alt.meditation -
Usenet alt.religion.buddhism.tibetan -
Usenet talk.religion.buddhism -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2012 at 5:35:07 UTC -