become an editor
the entire directory
only in Lineages/Tibetan
Religion and Spirituality
Centers and Monasteries
Arts: Literature: Myths and Folktales: Myths: Tibetan
Regional: Asia: China: Tibet: Society and Culture
This category in other languages:
- The meaning of Tantra as practiced in the New Kadampa Tradition under the direction of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. Its relation to other aspects of Dharma.
- Offers sutras, commentaries, essays on compassion in world religions, and in-depth articles on the faith.
Buddha Dharma Forum
- A quiet place for buddhist thought and discussion.
- Tibetan Buddhist images, teachings, forum and quotes from Buddhist teachers.
Dorje Shugden Incarnations
- Previous incarnations of the Dharma Protector, Dorje Shugden.
- A description of this Tibetan lineage, its history, centers and monasteries, current teachers, and teaching schedules.
- The Drukpa Kargyud lineage. Includes a history of the lineage and life stories of the lineage masters.
Eastern Tradition Research Institute
- Website of the researchers David Reigle and his wife Nancy. Includes online documents on their in depth search for the Tibetan backgrounds of Blavatsky's theosophy.
The Eleventh Panchen Lama
- Dedicated to Gendun Choekyi Nyima, the young Eleventh Panchen Lama - and the "world's youngest political prisoner". Includes the English translation of H.H. the Dalai Lama's prayer for the young lama, as well as links to related sites.
Frontline: Dreams of Tibet
- Understanding Tibetan Buddhism.
The Future of Buddhism - Diamond Way
- Visit the future here. Ever since the past the future has been approaching. Tibetan Buddhism, meditation, history, books and news.
Gyuto Monks of Tibet - Gyuto House Australia
- Official site of the Dalai Lama's Gyuto Monks of Tibet and Gyuto House Australia. News, updates, images and information about the monks' Australian tours and their home in exile in India.
Healing, Relaxing and Awakening: Tibetan Buddhist Methods
- Tibetan Buddhist tools for awakening also promote relaxation and healing; meditation, prayer wheels, incense, and chants.
The History of the Tagmo Lüjin Stupa
- The legend about the place where the future Buddha sacrificed his body to a tigress, taken from the "Sutra of the Wise and the Foolish."
Introduction to Tibetan Buddhism
- Introduction to Buddhism, meditation, practices, philosophy and history.
- Official site of the Kagyu Monlam Chenmo (Kagyu annual great prayer festival.) Information on the current festival, photo gallery, travel information, and material on previous festivals.
Karma Triyana Dharmachakra
- Extensive Karma Kagyu Buddhist teaching library under seven major topics: Introduction, turning the mind, becoming a Buddhist, taming the mind, training the mind, developing the mind, and cultivating Insight.
The Magic of OM MANI PADME HUM in Tibetan Buddhism
- In Tibetan Buddhism the most common prayer, found everywhere, is Om Mani Padma Hum, the mantra of Chenrezi, the Buddha of compassion.
Mind & Life Institute
- The Mind and Life Institute is dedicated to creating a powerful working collaboration and research partnership between modern science and Buddhism, the world's two most powerful traditions for understanding the nature of reality and investigating the mind.
- Mudra.co.uk is dedicated to comparative Tibetan Buddhist Mahayana and Tantric practice and Jungian psychology through publishing books, prints and articles, workshops and meditation retreats.
- This is a photo essay with explanations of a nunnery project. Karma Sengay Rinpoche, the nephew of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, is asking for financial help in building a buddhist nunnery and retreat center to accommodate the more than 140 traveling nuns of the Karma Kagu lineage that are looking for a home base.
Quiet Mountain Tibetan Buddhist Resource Guide
- Tibetan Buddhist Centers and Resources.
- A dynamic encyclopedia of Dharma material and a dictionary of current usage. Includes a wide range of non-sectarian free resources for a "circle of lotsawas" involved in the translation of Buddhism from Tibetan to English.
Sakya Resource Guide
- A complete Resource Guide of the Sakya School of Tibetan Buddhism linking all Sakya resources on the Internet and providing an overview of all world-wide resources; Teachers, Teachings, Translations, History, Monasteries, Centres and Art.
- Research Into The Legends of Ancient Shambhala. Contains annotated links to source material.
Simhanada: Lion's Roar of Buddhism
- Buddha's life, lineage information, especially Kaygu, pictures, teachings, Dalai Lama, Karmapa, basics of Buddhism and online Newspage.
St. John's Order
- A Russian Lamaist tradition whose origins are from Siberia and Mongolia. Brief description and contact information.
- Information on the four schools of Tibetan Buddhism along with links to more in depth information on each.
Tibetan Buddhism Archives
- Articles on a variety of Tibetan Buddhist topics including meditation and mind training, major lineages, death and rebirth, famous Lamas, and the development of Bodhicitta collected from many sources on the Internet, mostly predating the World Wide Web.
Tibetan Buddhism Resources
- Tibetan Buddhist meditation training and practice, both traditional and Shambhala forms, and Tibetan Art are accessible through centers, books, tapes, and Websites.
Tibetan Language Institute Website
- Learn the Language of the Lamas. Rarely offered in academic settings or Dharma centers, Tibetan language study as presented by the Tibetan Language Institute is accessible, enjoyable, and immediately rewarding.
Tibetan Nuns of Kathmandu: 1999 North American Tour
- Members of Khachoe Ghakyil Nunnery will tour North America in 1999, presenting sacred music, chants, dance and art of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition in a program entitled Women's Freedom and Spiritual Liberation. Tour schedule, performance information (sand mandalas, sacred music, dance, theater and monastic debate), and related links.
Websites on Buddhism
- Links to many sites about Tibetan Buddhism, as well as links to many Tibetan Buddhist centers and monasteries.
Women Active in Buddhism
- The Web's first comprehensive collection of resources on contemporary Buddhist women. Listings on female teachers, activists, nuns, events, organizations, bibliography, and a glossary of female Buddhist deities.
Usenet alt.meditation -
Usenet alt.religion.buddhism.tibetan -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 17, 2014 at 9:35:07 UTC -