become an editor
the entire directory
only in Buddhism/History
Religion and Spirituality
Society: History: By Region: Asia: South Asia: Personalities: Ashoka
Society: History: By Topic: Social History: Religion
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Esoteric and Occult: Personalities: Olcott, Henry Steele
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Religious Studies: Eastern Religions: Buddhism
Buddha's World: History of Buddha and Buddhism
- Historical material on Buddhism.
Buddhism on the Silk Road
- The civilizations which flourished along the Silk Road in the first millennium CE were open to cultural and religious influences from both East and West. Many religions, including Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Zoroastrianism and Manichaeism, gained new followers. But it was Buddhism, travelling the trade routes of the Silk Road, which became the common factor uniting the different peoples of the Silk Road.
Buddhist and Islam
- The historical interaction between the Buddhist and Islamic cultures before the Mongol Empire.
- History of the Buddhist councils, which have been periodically convened since the Buddha's death, primarily for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy of the record of the Buddha's teachings.
The Buddhist History of Muktinath /Chumig Gyatsa
- Information about the Hindu and Buddhist ancient pilgrimage site, Muktinath, on the Annapurna trekking route in Nepal, includes pictures, news and related links.
History of Buddhism
- Overview of the history of Buddhism and the formation of the principal schools of Buddhism.
Timeline of Buddhist History
- From the 6th Century B.C.E. ( - 120) to the 20th Century (2444-2544).
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 16:37:48 UTC -