become an editor
the entire directory
only in Engaged_Buddhism/Organizations
Religion and Spirituality
Society: Philanthropy: Organizations
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Buddhism: Organizations
The Anand Society (Steuncomité Anand)
- This group of enthusiasts invites visitors to the Buddhist holy sites, and to Bodhgaya in particular, to really practice the concepts of metta and karuna by supporting the Jeevan Deep network of education projects for Bodhgaya's communities of "untouchables".
Buddhist Peace Fellowship
- The Buddhist Peace Fellowship, founded in 1978, brings together Buddhist teachings with progressive social action. Programs include peace and justice work, prison work, Buddhist Alliance for Social Engagement, and the magazine Turning Wheel.
Buddhist Relief Mission
- Buddhist Relief Mission is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization supporting Buddhist projects worldwide, particularly in remote areas.
Dharma Access Project
- Brailled Buddhist prayers are provide for free upon request - bound Brailled copies of The Four Immeasurables and the Prayer of Shantideva to any Dharma center or member who would like one for a family member or friend who is blind.
Dharma Gaia Trust
- Project with a mission to nurture awareness of the complementarity of Buddhism and ecology.
- Buddhist environmental nonprofit organization founded on the premise that the Buddhist way of looking at life can play a major role in healing the planet's environmental crisis. Formal mission to practice Buddhism in ways that help people become better stewards of the planet, and to do the practical environmental work that good stewardship demands.
The Karuna Trust
- UK based Buddhist organization that has education, health and cultural projects for poor people in India of any religion. Also helps fund Buddhist activities.
Metta Welfare Association
- Singaporean organization working for welfare of the poor, the elderly, the disabled and the terminally ill.
- An international family of charities helping the hungry, sick, orphaned and poor.
- Non-sectarian non political approach to raising money to build schools and clinics in some of the poorest areas of the world. RokpaUK Charity is based at Samye Ling Tibetan Centre in the boorders of Scotland.
- Promotes peace and nonviolence in and among individuals, families, societies and countries. It supports all efforts to attain this goal through whatever peaceful and non-violent means are available.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 22, 2016 at 4:45:09 UTC -