become an editor
the entire directory
only in Advaita_Vedanta/Publications
Religion and Spirituality
Awake Joy: The Essence of Enlightenment
- An Advaita book by Katie Davis speaking on awakening and the essence of enlightenment. Book summary, contents, reviews and author biography.
Awakening to the Dream
- Excerpts from and endorsements for this forthcoming book by Leo Hartong, an exposition of non-dual teachings, drawing on quotations from a wide variety of sources (not just Advaita) - a crystal clear presentation from the author's own experience.
Black Dot Publications
- Publishes the books of Chuck Hillig - reviews and endorsements of his work by large numbers of respected authorities.
The Circle of Fire
- deals with the philosophy of ancient India, and covers Advaita, metaphysics, Buddhism and Yoga. It claims that Advaita is the only philosophy that is strengthened by science.
Council for Research in Values and Philosophy
- CRVP publish a variety of books in a number of areas quite unrelated to Advaita. One book however (IIIB.4) covers the work of Shankara in considerable depth. It is 'Self Realisation (Brahmaanubhava): The Advaitic Perspective of Shankara: Indian Philosophical Studies IV' by Vensus A. George. It may be purchased but is also available for free download for personal study.
- Details of all his publications, which may also be ordered.
Free Spirit: A Guide to Enlightened Being
- A non-dual book by Sundance Burke speaking on awakening and enlightenment. Book summary, contents, reviews and author biography.
Inner Directions Foundation
- Inner Directions is dedicated to exploring authentic pathways to awakening to one's essential nature, in the spirit of self-inquiry.
- Details of the books by Dr. Jan Kersschot: 'Coming Home', 'Nobody Home' and 'This is it'. Site is available in Dutch and English.
An Introduction to Awareness
- information on the book along with a podcast and philosophical essays. This is 'Indefinite Monism' rather than Advaita - but there isn't a more suitable category.
Journey to the Source
- Book discussing the trilogy of 'Matrix' movies from scientific, spiritual and non-dual backgrounds.
Kalpa Tree Press
- Publishes contemporary classics in the Ramakrishna-Vivekananda tradition of Vedanta, including books that express the universal spirit through religion, literature, and the arts.
Law of Love & The Mathematics of Spirituality
- Promoting a book on the mathematics of spirituality based on Vedanta philosophy. Several pages from the book may be read.
- Online Book Store for this Indian Publisher of many classic Advaita texts.
- Based at Springfield, Virginia, they have an extensive collection of books from India (over 5,000 titles) on various subjects, including some that are difficult to obtain elsewhere. There is a facility to order online.
- the leading publisher of books on the contemporary expression of Advaita by mostly western authors and teachers.
- Transcriptions of some of the satsang questions and answers of Nirmala are available in a free e-book entitled 'Nothing Personal - seeing beyond the illusion of a separate self'. Nirmala is a disciple of Neelam, in the lineage of Ramana Maharshi and Sri Poonja.
- contains details, excerpts and reviews of a number of spiritual books. There is also a free e-book, on-line satsang talks, a free newsletter, and a counseling service.
Ramakrishna Math Internet Store
- Publishes books, e-books, magazines, video, audio downloads in Ramakrishna-Vivekananda tradition of Vedanta. Also includes subscription to Vedanta Kesari magazine.
- Quarterly publication containing articles on Self-Knowledge Yoga and non-dual philosophy, published by Shanti Sadan.
- Publishes the works of Wei Wu Wei, Steven Harrison, Chuck Hillig, and Bernadette Roberts, an anthology of nondual writing, and other such books.
The Truth in Jnana Yoga
- Quotations, and a sample chapter from the book by Peter Marchand.
Vedanta Press and Catalog
- Books on Vedanta. The book sales department of the Vedanta Society of Southern California.
Vedantic Shores Press
- Publisher which distributes the works of Paul Hourihan, an American student of Vedanta. Catalog, biographical information, general information on Vedanta.
- Though not strictly speaking a teacher of Advaita, he taught non-duality in the United States until his death in 1996. This site contains details of and extracts from his various books and dialogues, which may be purchased along with tapes and CDs. Modern sages such as Francis Lucille and Burt Harding regarded him highly.
- Based at Pune and Mumbai India, they publish the works of Ramesh Balsekar and stock most of his works together with a number of others. There is no on-line ordering facility, however.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2015 at 9:35:08 UTC -