become an editor
the entire directory
only in Alternative_Lifestyles/Polygamy
Chats and Forums
News and Media
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology: Cultural Anthropology
Society: People: Women: Women's Rights
Society: Relationships: Alternative Lifestyles: Polyamory
Society: Relationships: Dating: Personals: Alternative Lifestyles
Society: Relationships: Marriage
This category in other languages:
- Refuting arguments commonly used against polygamy. Showing the unjustness of stereotyping polygamists as being in cults, abusive, and other.
Cultural Practices in Conflict with Canadian Law
- Recognizing existing polygamous marriages of immigrants and providing spouses with the benefits and entitlements normally available to spouses defined by Canadian law is an outstanding issue.
The Economics of Love and Marriage
- Professor David Friedman's essay exploring economic issues affecting polygamy.
Kinship and Social Organization
- Features articles and outlines of marriage customs among different societies, which also include information about polygyny.
- Short article on how polygamy would benefit us, in a secular view point. How polygamy would evolve us to higher levels.
Montesquieu: The Spirit of Laws
- Article explaining that the law of polygamy is an affair that depends on calculation.
- Types of Polygamy, Polygamy Worldwide, Patterns of Occurrence, Polygamy and Religion, Legal Situation, and The Case of Mormonism.
Polygamy at Beliefnet
- Articles and opinions on polygamy. Registered users can share their personal thoughts about the issue.
Polygamy: Another Lovestyle
- Intellectual article by Deborah Anapol about polygamy and monogamy.
Polygyny Is Already A Practice
- Article about polygamy in Africa, before and after the arrival of the colonizers and Christianity.
- Provides the media and others with op-eds, press releases and articles from the pro-polygamy view. Gives email-alerts and offers access to a polygamy advocate to interview.
Query On Reasons For Polygamy
- A student's query regarding the differing interpretations for the cultural reasons for polygyny.
On the Economics of Polygyny
- Unpublished paper from Ted Bergstrom exploring the prevalence and viability of polygamy in various societies. [PDF] (August 25, 1994)
Usenet alt.polyamory -
Usenet alt.religion.sexuality -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 20, 2011 at 12:18:27 UTC -