become an editor
the entire directory
only in Socialism/Theory
Open Directory - Society: Politics: Socialism: Theory
Adorno, Theodor W.
Lenin, Vladimir Ilyich
Science: Social Sciences: Political Science: Political Philosophy
Society: Philosophy: Philosophers: H: Hegel, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich
Society: Politics: Socialism: Marxism
This category in other languages:
"Why Socialism?" by Albert Einstein
- An indictment of capitalism by Time magazine's Man of the Century.
Abram Leon: The Jewish Question - A Marxist Interpretation (1946)
- An influential work by the Belgian-Jewish Trotskyist published in 1946.
British Labour Party Election Manifesto, 1945
- "Let Us Face the Future: A Declaration of Labour Policy for the Consideration of the Nation." Full text of the manifesto on which Labour was elected in 1945, under which they instituted the welfare state in Britain.
- Calls for a cap on personal incomes as a solution to inequity.
Erfurt Program, 1891
- Radical program adopted by the German Social Democratic Party in 1891 which signified the party's adoption of Marxism.
- Excerpts from Eduard Bernstein's revisions of Marxism which established modern social democracy.
Fundamental Principles of Communist Production and Distribution
- Treatise from the Independent Group of Communists in Holland, 1930.
Global Document Index
- A series of documents from various Trotskyist groups and tendencies.
Manifesto of the Communist Party
- Online text from Literature Project.
- Marxist discussion and analytical resource material to guide the building of the revolutionary party and the socialist revolution. From the Committee for a Workers' International (CWI)
Marxists Internet Archive
- The most complete database of Marxism hitherto made. The archive is divided into three major sections: Marxist writers, Marxist history, and reference materials. Marxist writers has information on Marxists from Karl Marx and Frederick Engels to Che Guevara to Vladimir Lenin to Rosa Luxemburg.
- An explanation and defence of socialism from an independent socialist.
- This site promotes socialism by critiquing capitalism, rather than by describing socialism. All material on this site can be freely distributed on a non-profit basis.
The Communist Manifesto
- The text that serves as the beginning of the communist movement
The Fight For Socialism
- Programme of the Workers' Party (1946). The WP was a "Third Camp" split from the Socialist Workers Party. It was led by Max Shachtman.
The Genesis of Trotskyism
- Written in 1933, this pamphlet by Max Schachtman explains the development of Trotskyism and the International Left Opposition from the point of view of a leader of the American movement.
The Gotha Program (1871)
- Excerpts from the founding manifesto of the German Social Democratic Party
The National Question and the Class Struggle
- Thesis by Ber Borochov (1881-1917) arguing that national liberation is a necessary component of the class struggle. Distinguishes between progressive and reactionary nationalism.
The Port Huron Statement
- Written in 1962 and adopted by Students for a Democratic Society, the Port Huron Statement is considered to be a seminal document of the New Left.
The State and Revolution
- The Marxist theory of the state and the tasks of the proletariat in the revolution by Lenin.
Towards a New Socialism
- Polemic against market socialism by W. Paul Cockshott and Allin Cottrell.
What is Dhammic Socialism?
- Socialism examined from a Buddhist perspective.
What is to be Done?
- In which Lenin outlines the concept of the vanguard revolutionary party run according to the principles of democratic centralism.
Working Class Movement Library
- A collection of materials concerned with the activities, expression and enquiries of the labor movement, its allies and its enemies, since the late eighteenth century.
archive: the left side of the brain is bigger
- A constantly growing collection of writings by left-wing thinkers: Sartre, Einstein, Orwell, Gandhi, Naomi Klein, Pinter, Picasso, Marx, Gore Vidal, Oscar Wilde, GB Shaw, Beauvoir, Martin Luther King, Alice Walker and others.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 2:06:06 AM EST -