become an editor
the entire directory
only in Politics/Globalization
Open Directory - Society: Politics: Globalization
Aid and Development
Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation - APEC
Central American Free Trade Agreement - CAFTA
Free Trade Area of the Americas - FTAA
Group of Eight - G8
International Monetary Fund - IMF
Multilateral Agreement on Investment - MAI
North American Free Trade Agreement - NAFTA
World Trade Organization - WTO
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Economic Systems: Capitalism
Society: Government: Multilateral
Society: Issues: Global
This category in other languages:
A Fair Globalization: Creating Opportunities for All
- Analyzes impacts of the globalized world with the focus on people. Report by The World Commission on the Social Dimension of Globalization, International Labour Organization, 2004. [PDF]
Anti-globalization Movement - Wikipedia
- Encyclopedia article on the movement opposing globalization.
Canadian International Development Agency
- News, background and resources about global issues and sustainable economic development, from the Government of Canada's lead agency for development assistance.
Capitalistocracy Book Café - Canadian Association for Research on Capitalistocracy
- Facilitates critical research on corporate globalization and capitalism. Accepts freelance writers.
Center for Research on Globalization
- An independent research and media group of progressive writers, scholars and activists committed to curbing the tide of "globalisation" and "disarming" the new world order. Bilingual, English and French.
Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation
- From the University of Warwick, UK. Research concentrates on questions such as social policy issues, international financial crises, multijurisdictional tax competition, development of global and regional governance and other civil society activities regarding the topics.
- An organization that counters corporate-led globalization through education, network-building and activism. Works to foster democratic control over corporations by building movement for human rights and dignity, labor rights and environmental justice. Articles, campaigns, links, news, and contact information.
Documents Relating to the Process of Globalization
- Links to articles and essays from the web site of the Mount Holyoke College, Massachusetts, USA.
Ethical Globalization Initiative
- Brings key stakeholders together in new alliances to integrate concepts of human rights, gender sensitivity and enhanced accountability into efforts to address global challenges and governance shortcomings.
Free Trade and Globalization
- Looks at the reality of free trade and the impacts it has on everyone.
Friends of the Earth: MAI
- Commentary, analysis and links to websites about the Multilateral Agreement on Investment.
From the Wilderness: Oil, Politics and War
- Provides a foundation for understanding oil's role in the global economy.
- Provides an environment of information exchange, integration and support to assist NGOs and their projects to reach the UN Millennium Development Goals.
Global Education Network
- An European network for learning in the field of global development issues and cooperation policy. Core activities are related to development of countries in Africa, Asia or South East Europe.
- A web initiative of Mercy Corps with news and information on globalization, world business, poverty, global growth, and world trade. It aims to take the global free market system as a starting point for reducing world poverty.
Global Issues Gateway
- An educational website created by Fairleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey, USA, for those investigating issues arising from the rapid exchange of goods and ideas across increasingly porous geographic and cultural borders.
Global Marshall Plan
- An initiative for the implementation of a global eco-social development plan as a basis for a worldwide ecological and social market economy.
Global Policy Forum
- News, information, analysis and resources from an organization that monitors UN policy making on the matter and promotes accountability of global decisions.
Globalization - Wikipedia
- Encyclopedia article on globalization and its various aspects.
- An article about how the new global economy changes long-accepted notions and arguments about American business. Authored by Harold Meyerson, Jun 2007.
- A project of Neil D. Levin Graduate Institute of International Relations and Commerce, promotes a greater understanding of the challenges and dilemmas of globalization.
- A peer-reviewed journal devoted to the examination of social, political, economic, and technological aspects of the topic, by The International Consortium for Alternative Academic Publication (ICAAP).
HBS Working Knowledge: Globalization
- Links to articles and comments related to the topic.
Institute for International Economics - Globalization
- Collection of papers on this topic by members the organization.
Institute on Globalization and the Human Condition
- An intellectual center of McMaster University in Canada, bringing together faculty, students and members of the broader community for discussion, debate and analysis of globalization and its effects.
International Forum on Globalization
- Alliance formed to stimulate new thinking, joint activity, and public education in response to economic globalization and its impact. Events, programs, news and analysis from an anti-globalization perspective.
LifeWeb: The Biology of Globalization
- Opinion article by Elisabet Sahtouris, it points out the threats of the economy of globalization against the basic principles by which healthy living systems are organized, 1998.
Realizing Rights: The Ethical Globalization Initiative
- Addresses five issues required for greater human development and security: fostering more equitable international trade and development, strengthening efforts to realise the human right to health, shaping more humane migration policies, encouraging women’s leadership, and influencing corporate social responsibility.
Special Issue on Globalization -- Journal of World-Systems Research
- Explores the topic in its economic, political, and cultural dimensions.
- Raises key issues and highlights trade union responses to aspects of particular interest to working people. By the Trade Unions Congress, United Kingdom.
- The daily online magazine on the global economy, politics and culture.
The Globalization Website
- Resources on various issues related to the issue from Emory University.
The Guardian - Globalisation
- News, comment and analysis with links to related news coverage and web resources.
The Heritage Foundation
- A conservative think tank that is at the forefront of the pro-globalization perspective
Transnational Communities Programme
- A research programme with the goal of looking into the human dimensions of globalization and aspects of emerging transnationalism. Commissioned by the United Kingdom Economic and Social Research Council, based in the University of Oxford - Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology.
World Economic Forum
- The Davos meeting of political and business leaders aims to create the foremost global partnership of business, political, intellectual and other leaders of civil society to define and discuss the key issues on the global agenda.
- Provides topical related news and archive from a variety of sources on the Internet. Searchable news in 20 languages.
Wuppertal Institute on Globalisation
- A German research center that explores social and ecological impacts, and develops strategies to make globalization fair and sustainable.
Yale Center for the Study of Globalization
- The Center supports teaching and research on globalization, helps to enrich debate on the subject through workshops, conferences, and lectures, and responds quickly to important events by organizing timely public programs that bring together individuals from the University community with individuals active in the policy arena. From Yale University.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, September 16, 2012 6:43:21 PM EDT -