become an editor
the entire directory
only in Politics/Democracy
Open Directory - Society: Politics: Democracy
Criticisms of Democracy
Science: Social Sciences: Political Science: Political Philosophy
Society: Politics: Alternative Political Systems
This category in other languages:
Comparative Democratization Project
- A Stanford University project studying emerging democracies. Features a large directory of Internet resources, a collection of syllabi from leading democracy scholars, and seminar papers.
International Simultaneous Policy Organisation (ISPO)
- A plan to transform the ruthless competition of globalization into global cooperation.
A More Perfect Union
- Challenges to American Democracy are discussed, along with sociological views of government. ThinkQuest semifinalist.
- Details how "the essence of Democracy" the way Greeks from antiquity meant it and lived it is the exact opposite of our so-called "democracies" of today.
Ballot Initiative Strategy Center
- An organization dedicated to helping progressives participate in launching ballot initiatives and democratic action.
Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor
- One of the four bureaus that comprise the Office of the Under Secretary for Global Affairs. Responsibilities include promoting democracy worldwide, formulating U.S. human rights policies, and coordinating policy in human rights-related labor issues.
- A non-profit, multi-national research institution on participatory democracy, with focus on the impact of information technologies. Site lists activities, research areas, papers, and events.
- Scientologist site on democracy and political philosophy.
Center for International Policy
- Founded in 1975 to promote a U.S. foreign policy that reflects democratic values.
- A non-partisan organization of volunteer international election observers based in Victoria, British Columbia. Site describes activities in Latin America, lists goals and objectives, and provides application form.
- Promoting the development and sustainability of online civic participation and democracy efforts around the world through experience, outreach, and education.
Democracy Coalition Project
- An Open Society Institute initiative supporting civil society coalitions around the world that promote democratic reforms.
- An independent, non-profit, non-partisan Canadian citizen advocacy organization seeking to empower Canadians as voters, citizens, taxpayers, and consumers.
Ethic of Citizenship
- Introduces the book "Toward an Ethic of Citizenship Creating a Culture of Democracy for the 21st Century".
- Provides information to the public about the impact of voting systems on political representation, proportional representation, voter turnout, and the influence of money in elections.
Foundation for Democracy in Africa
- A Washington based non-profit, nonpartisan organization focused on strengthening and enhancing the fundamental principles of democracy, and freedom in Africa.
Free China Movement
- Information and statements from the movement, with a discussion forum.
IDEA - International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
- Objective is to promote and advance sustainable democracy and to improve and consolidate electoral processes world-wide.
Indonesia: The People's Resistance in Indonesia [CSVI]
- The Indonesian Page of People Movement for Justice and Democracy.
Institute for Multiparty Democracy IMD
- Supports the process of democratisation in young democracies. Based in The Hague, Guatemala and Maputo (Mozambique).
Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)
- The world organization of parliaments. Site about parliamentary democracy, elections, human rights, participation of women in politics, and about how it all works on the level of national legislative institutions and internationally.
- A free, non-partisan, local/global, issue-specific, democratic forum system designed to enable humanity to define, proclaim and achieve common goals.
Maximiliano Herrera Human Rights Site
- Personal site dedicated to the promotion of the freedom and the democracy around the world. Includes international election calendar, freedom ratings, links to international media and organizations, and a list of countries facing political instability.
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
- Non-profit organization associated with the Democratic Party of the United States. Site describes current programs and research projects on the development of democracy, as well as a searchable resource exchange for democratic activists and practitioners.
National Endowment for Democracy
- A private, nonprofit, grant-making organization created to strengthen democratic institutions around the world. Offers access to research and analysis of democratic development around the world.
Network for Economic and Political Democracy
- Aims to create the conditions for an alternative to New Labour and a new, truly democratic society.
Ratifiers for Democracy
- A democratic model that harmonizes representative and direct democracy, to ensure that legislation is citizen-mandated, and to be a loophole-free way to clean up the control that money and special interests now have in politics.
- Aims to increase the American public's participation in the legislative processes for more democratic representation. Reports current events in Congress and State legislatures and offers communication between Citizens, legislators and interest groups.
The Western Democratic Tradition
- An explanation and description of the western democratic tradition by a professor of constitutional law.
Time to Reengineer Democracy?
- An invitation to a broad discussion to explore a reengineering of democracy for the better of all people on earth.
UNDP Democratization and Governance
- United Nations conference on new or restored democracies; documents, statements, links, and related General Assembly resolutions available.
Websters World of Cultural Democracy
- A Web center for information and discussion about the world of cultural democracy.
- Definition from an open content encyclopedia.
World Movement for Democracy
- Nongovernmental effort to strengthen democracy where it is weak, to reform and invigorate democracy even where it is longstanding, and to bolster pro-democracy groups in countries that have not yet entered into a process of democratic transition.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:52:44 PM EDT -