become an editor
the entire directory
only in Electronic_Democracy/Electronic_Voting_Systems
Campaigns and Elections
Electronic Voting Systems
Open Directory - Society: Politics: Campaigns and Elections: Electronic Democracy: Electronic Voting Systems
Business: Business Services: AudioVisual: Equipment: Audience Response Systems
Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Hosted Components and Services: Form Data, Polls, and Surveys: Polls and Surveys
Computers: Software: Marketing: Surveys
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Computers: Government Computerization
Society: Politics: Campaigns and Elections: Products and Services: Election Equipment and Technology
Society: Politics: Campaigns and Elections: Voting Systems
This category in other languages:
Black Box Voting
- nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving the integrity of the electoral process.
- Hosted service for voting and surveys. Uses web-based administration pages to set-up and monitor elections, along with optional administrative services.
Condorcet Internet Voting Service
- a free internet voting service for conducting online elections.
- PHP-based web software for polling and determining the winner of an Instant Runoff election. Licensed under GPL.
- Voting expert Rebecca Mercuri's website, with papers on the subject, and many articles and websites regarding electronic voting.
- Project dedicated to creating the GNU.FREE Internet Voting system and also advocating Free Software in e-democracy. Written in Java and an official package of the Free Software Foundation's GNU project
- Provider of independent vote certifications for corporation shareholder meetings and professional association ballot tabulations and proxy fights
Internet Voting Technology Alliance - IVTA
- alliance to work on the public development and open peer review of standards to be used in voting over the Internet.
OASIS Election and Voter Services Technical Committee
- Standardizing the exchange of election and voter services information using XML
Open Source Digital Voting (OSDV) Foundation
- a non-profit foundation focused on reinventing electronic/digital voting technology through community based development of technical guidelines and specifications.
- Free open-source software for voting and election games and simulations.
Preference Ballot Tabulation Perl Script
- Dual Dropping method combines Schwartz Sequential Dropping with Tideman's Ranked Pairs. For both single and multi-candidate elections [Open Source, GPL]
Serendipity: Voting Machines
- Links to several articles discussing whether voting machines are being used to rig elections.
- Python-based project to produce software of interest to people conducting votes on the Internet, or to people who are interested in researching various electoral methods.
VoteFair Ranking Service that calculates truly fair election and survey results
- Electronic voting system.
Voting Machines ProCon.org
- Overview of electronic voting both pros and cons from over 200 experts. Biographies, laws, and relevant historical time lines also provided.
eVote Web Page
- Voting software designed to be used in conjunction with the Majordomo electronic mailing list system. As of August 1998, a shareware version was available for Majordomo running under Linux.
Salon.com - Hacking democracy
- Article describing issues with the auditability of electronic voting systems, and pointing to areas of potential fraud. (February 20, 2003)
Wired News - Report Pans Internet Voting
- Article about a National Science Foundation report saying Internet voting from remote locations shouldn't be allowed anytime soon. (March 06, 2001)
USA Today: Updating voting machines could take a decade
- Discussion of the possible problems upgrading voting systems throughout the U.S. as demand might exceed supply. Includes charts of what methods are currently used in which counties in the U.S. (February 14, 2001)
CNET.com News - Unisys enrolls Microsoft, Dell to build better ballots
- Article describing Unisys partnership with Microsoft and Dell to create better voting systems. (January 11, 2001)
Crypto-Gram: Voting and Technology
- Skeptical article about computerized voting by inventor of the Blowfish cryptography algorithm. Lots of good links to other articles. (December 15, 2000)
Seattle Weekly - Point, click, vote?
- Article by Angela Gunn. You may be ready to vote online, but the Net's not ready for you. (November 02, 2000)
Electronic Voting Systems
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, November 9, 2012 10:30:25 PM EST -