become an editor
the entire directory
only in Politics/Alternative_Political_Systems
Alternative Political Systems
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Economic Systems
Science: Social Sciences: Political Science: Political Philosophy
Society: Future: Utopias
Society: Politics: Democracy
This category in other languages:
Blueprint for a New Confederation
- Presents a constitutional framework applying the rational self-interest model and the market mechanisms of modern economics to intra and inter-governmental behaviour, based on a paper published by the Fremskrittspartiets Utredningsinstitutt.
Constitutional Theory Through Practice
- Advocates a proposed new constitution for the U.S. with strictly limited powers and a novel organization loosely based on English parliamentary democracy.
- A proposed system featuring a career "politician class" and popular party, influenced by Plato, Marx, democracy, and other philosophies.
- Promotes a voting system giving more weight to votes of poorer people.
- Project to create a new social/political/economic system that will peacefully supersede nations and form the basis for a new global civilization.
- Proposes to prepare humanity for an "approaching paradigm shift from fragmented nationalistic societies to a cohesive global civilization," ~ "based on peace and justice for all."
- Proposals to improve systems of organization (political, economic, and social) by making them more personal and human-scale. Includes outlines of the Human Assembly, EMIT Money Standard, Rental Ecology, Support For All, and Living Freedom Mission.
Innovations in Democracy
- Collecting and sharing concepts, ideas and information about empowering the governed to self-determination. Offers a large list of sites which propose various means to more democratic systems.
- Advocates ranking candidates on election ballots, with the goal of eliminating the 'wasted' vote or 'spoiler' candidacy.
Institut of Social Threefolding
- The threefolding aims to achieve constitutional reorganization of society and an accurate allocation of social phenomena, through the concept of a differentiation of society into the fields of cultural sphere, economic sphere and rights sphere.
Joan Bardina Studies Center
- Political and economic proposals based on transparent markets, global and universal telematic currency, and basic income.
- A gateway to original texts and documents on panarchy, polyarchy, and anarchy in English, French, Italian, and German. Includes related libertarian and anarchist links.
- Advocates "the multiplication of centres and the empowerment of people - going beyond the ideologies of statism and capitalism."
- A centre for collaborative development of proposals for the reformation of government, legal systems, economic and trade structures and school syllabuses
School of Cooperative Individualism
- Explores the principles of cooperative individualism, as developed by Thomas Paine, Henry George and other champions of liberty. Included is an extensive library of reference materials and an internal search engine on political economy.
- Advocates and explains theory of stewardship. Provides links to current stewardship projects, research, and positions on current issues.
Sullivan, Dan: Geolibertarian home page
- Includes an introduction to the geolibertarianism.
- A proposed new system to shape the future of civilization through application of systematic planning processes that involve direct public participation, from an anynomous urban planner's perspective.
- A political movement of Belgian origin advocating basic income as a next step in the social development of countries.
- Network of sites with propositions for reform in education, health, government, and other areas.
Alternative Political Systems
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 26, 2015 at 7:24:04 UTC -