become an editor
the entire directory
only in Philosophy_of_Science/Physics
Philosophy of Science
Open Directory - Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Science: Physics
Interpretations of Quantum Mechanics
Mind-Body, Consciousness, Quantum Computing
Physics in Popular Culture
Quantum Reality and Locality
Seeds and Escapes
Time and Timelessness
Science: Math: Applications: Complex Systems
Science: Physics: History
Society: Philosophy: Metaphysics: Free Will and Determinism
The Bactra Reviews
- A set of book and article reviews, not limited to physics.
Chronon Critical Points
- Scientific applets, articles and book critically examine claims made in popular books
Events in History of Physics
- Time-lines of thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and symmetry. With links to other time-lines and resources.
Experiment in Physics
- On the uses, value, and epistomelogy of experiment. By Allan Franklin, University of Colorado.
Identity and Individuality in Quantum Theory
- Assesses the metaphysical implications of quantum theory by considering the impact of the theory on our understanding of objects as individuals with well defined identity conditions. From the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Steven French.
Interdisciplinary Discussion With Philosophical Implications
- Questions at the interface between physics, biology and philosophy.
Kuhn's Structure of Scientific Revolutions
- Crucial chapter from Kuhn's famous book outlining how sciences is forced to go through a paradigm-shift, and see the world in terms of a new theory and new concepts.
- Collection of essays, not always orthodox, but always lucid, on historical and important current issues in mathematics and physics.
A New Kind of Science by Stephen Wolfram
- Science from the point of view of complex systems: from the origins of apparent randomness in physical systems, to the development of complexity in biology.
Philosophical Foundations of Physics by R. Carnap
- Positivist view of Physics, which had influenced the Copenhagen Interpretation of the Quantum mechanics (CI).
Philosophy and Foundations
- A collection of links, from Norman Redington at MIT.
PhilSci Archive - Subject: Physics
- Collection of papers on causality, free will etc
- Skeptical overview of proposed links between quantum mechanics and consciousness.
Review of "The Emperor's New Mind", by Roger Penrose
- His exploration is so much more serious philosophically than almost anything that has been done since Einstein and Schrodinger
Science and Philosophy
- Comprises a high school course that offers source writings for study of the relationship between philosophical and scientific discoveries and personal world-views.
Science, Pseudoscience and Society
- Papers by Feynman on paranormal 'sciences', Sokal Affair (use of pseudo-physics in social sciences), critique of Kuhn. Also a collection of links.
A Simple Theory of Consciousness
- Essay on evolution and consciousness by Piero Scaruffi.
Space and Time: Inertial Frames
- On the frames of reference relative to which motion and rest are measured; by Robert DiSalle.
Varieties of Explanatory Autonomy
- Transcript of a talk by Lawrence Sklar discussing areas of physics not directly explicable by fundamental dynamic principles alone. [PDF]
Wikipedia - EPR Paradox
- Measurement performed on one part of a quantum system can have an instantaneous effect on the result of a measurement performed on another part. Entaglment.
The Mind of God
- A review of Paul Davies' exposition of foundational philosophical issues. (December 10, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 30, 2013 at 0:49:03 UTC -