become an editor
the entire directory
only in Philosophy/Philosophy_of_Religion
Philosophy of Religion
Open Directory - Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Religion
Science: Science in Society: Science and Religion
Society: Religion and Spirituality
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Religious Studies
This category in other languages:
- Online journal for philosophy of religion. It publishes refereed articles, literature surveys and discussion notes, as well as book reviews and bibliographies.
Baylor University: Philosophy of Religion
- Many links on religious philosophers and their impact through history. From a course taught by Scott Moore.
Descriptive and Formal Ontology: The Ontological Argument from Anselm to Gödel
- A selected bibliography on the ontological argument, with particular attention to the historical and logical developments.
Georgetown University: Philosophy and Theology
- Links to sites on the most influential writers and thinkers who have influenced theology through the years.
Gnostic Return in Modernity and Gnostic Apocalypse
- Dermot Moran reviews this book by Cyril O'Regan. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
The God Who May Be: A Hermeneutics of Religion
- Frances Gray reviews this book by Richard Kearney. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
The High Way
- Weblog exploring beliefs relating to the existence of a God or gods (theism) and specifically the systematic development of the knowledge of God (theology).
Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Ontological Argument
- Article by Kenneth Einar Himma reviewing the argument's development through Anselm, Aquinas, Kant and Plantinga.
Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania: Leading Scientists Still Reject God
- Article by Donald Simanek considering the current theory that scientists are finding "evidence" allowing for God.
Of the Impossibility of an Ontological Proof of the Existence of God
- A passage from Kant's Critique of Pure Reason.
Philosophy of Religion
- Explains and assesses the classical arguments for and against God's existence. Includes a section on divine command theory.
The Proceedings of the Friesian School: Philosophy of Religion
- In the tradition of the Friesian School, this is a non-peer-reviewed electronic journal and archive of philosophy of religion edited by Kelley L. Ross, Ph.D.
- Philosophy of religion blog written by professionals and graduate students.
Rudolf Steiner and Religion
- The Religion Section of the Rudolf Steiner Archive presents some of the lectures and publications of Rudolf Steiner related to the Philosophy of Religion.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Descartes' Ontological Argument
- Discussion of René Descartes' ontological proof of the existence of God. By Lawrence Nolan.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Immutability
- Entry by Brian Leftow on the doctrine that God cannot undergo real change.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Omnipotence
- The theistic thesis that God has maximal power. By Joshua Hoffman and Gary Rosenkrantz.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Ontological Arguments
- A survey by Graham Oppy of arguments for God's existence that do not proceed from observation of the world around us.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Pascal's Wager
- Argument due to Blaise Pascal for believing, or for at least taking steps to believe, in God. Encyclopedia entry by Alan Hájek.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Philosophy and Christian Theology
- Michael Murray's discussion of philosophical implications of Christian theological views.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Theological Voluntarism
- Survey of divine command theory by Mark Murphy.
Theistic Philosophers on the Web
- Links to individuals who classify themselves as both philosophers and theists.
Understanding the Ontological Argument
- Article reviewing a number of formulations of, and objections to, this proof of God's existence. By Wade A. Tisthammer.
University of Notre Dame: Center for Philosophy of Religion
- Established in 1976 to encourage philosophy that takes Christianity for granted, exploring the consequences of theism rather than questioning its basis.
University of Notre Dame: Jacques Maritain Center
- Includes interviews, art, works, biography, and dictionaries.
Wabash College: Internet Guide to Philosophy and Religion
- Collection of resources about philosophy of religion.
Western Kentucky University: Philosophical Views of God
- Essay by Jan Garrett reviewing various philosophical perspectives on God, including the views of the Stoics, Augustine and Hartshorne.
Wikipedia: Gödel's Ontological Proof
- Article on 20th-century logician Kurt Gödel's formulation of this argument for God's existence.
Philosophy of Religion
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:24:06 AM EDT -