become an editor
the entire directory
only in Philosophy_of_Logic/Informal_Logic
Philosophy of Logic
Open Directory - Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Logic: Informal Logic
Science: Science in Society: Skeptical Inquiry: Critical Thinking
Science: Social Sciences: Communication: Rhetoric
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Psychological: Propaganda
The Fallacy Files
- Explains and gives examples of logical fallacies from the media and everyday life, with references to sources.
- Dr. Charles Ess, professor of philosophy and religion, explains and gives examples of logical fallacies.
- Article in the Stanford Encyclopaedia of Philosophy, by Leo Groarke.
Logic and Fallacies
- Atheism Web's guide to logic and fallacies in practical reasoning.
- Explanations and examples of common logical mistakes.
Logical Fallacies and the Art of Debate
- A guide to using logical fallacies in debate.
- Entertaining article by Peter Suber discussing the rationality of a certain kind of rhetorical blocking strategy.
The Nizkor Project: Fallacies
- 42 informal logical fallacies explained by Dr. Michael C. Labossiere, including examples.
The Power of Words
- Emotional appeals, fallacies, manipulations, disinformation, misdirection, political correctness and the nature of truth. How some people get others to agree with their point of view, give them what they want, do what they ask and buy what they are selling.
- A short article on informal fallacies from the Platonic Realms Interactive Mathematics Encyclopedia.
- Discusses various propaganda techniques, provides contemporary examples of their use, and proposes strategies of mental self-defense.
SkepDic - Logic and Perception
- Articles with many examples covering all variations of faulty thinking.
Stoneforest - Critical Thinking
- Offers an introduction to critical thinking whose main content is the description of fallacies, offering examples in daily life.
- A brief introduction to informal logic and argument.
What is a Fallacy? Understanding Defective Arguments
- Describes and explains formal and informal fallacies.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 5, 2014 at 5:45:04 UTC -