become an editor
the entire directory
only in Philosophy_of_Language/Meaning
Philosophy of Language
Open Directory - Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Language: Meaning
Inferential Role Semantics
Realism and Antirealism
Theories of Reference
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Semantics
Good Works On Earth
- Researches the art and science of the Lexigram and argues that the power of the word is far greater than we have been led to believe, or allowed to imagine.
Holism in Artificial Intelligence?
- Argues against the idea that research in AI supposes meaning holism, and against classifying Wittgenstein as a meaning holist. By Carlo Penco.
- In this article Manuel Liz argues that meaning realism and the rejection of holism are compatible even if one rejects the analytic/synthetic division.
- Online text of Russell's 1905 paper.
- A 3-part study of negation and meaning by Domenico Pacitti. Articles and reviews.
Propositional Attitude Reports
- Explores semantic accounts of propositional attitude reports, and some of the theories developed to deal with Frege's puzzle. From the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Thomas J. McKay.
- Review by Daniel C. Dennett of Fodor's book. Appeared in Journal of Philosophy, 1987.
A Puzzle about Belief Reports
- By Kent Bach.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 4:49:56 PM EST -