become an editor
the entire directory
only in Philosophy/Philosophy_for_Children
Philosophy for Children
Kids and Teens: People and Society: Philosophy
Society: Philosophy: Education
This category in other languages:
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Overview and discussion on the introduction of philosophy into the school curriculum; by Michael Pritchard.
Austrian Center for Philosophy with Children and Youth
- Information about the center, events, bibliography and general Philosophy for Children information.
- Introductory and advanced courses in philosophy for children, to develop effective thinking. Programs in creative, critical and early years thinking. UK.
Childhood and Philosophy
- Journal of the International Council of Philosophical Inquiry with Children. Articles in different languages in pdf format.
- Set up by practising teachers in order to provide support and training in the area of Philosophy with Children (PWC) coordinating a range of courses and systems of mentoring and support for teachers and students. Provides a lot of information on PWC including a printable brochure.
- Committed to constructive communication, aims to help children, teenagers and adults to learn, live and work better through good dialogue - the process of careful listening, questioning and thinking in conversation. Publications, consultancy, training and web resources on dialogue.
Federation of Australasian Philosophy for Children Associations
- FAPCA is the umbrella organisation for Philosophy for Children in Australia and New Zealand. Information on the P4C project and resources.
Filosofía para Niños
- Argentina center for Philosophy for Children. The English part of the site contains a description of the program, the activities of the center and information about the curriculum.
ICPIC - International Council of Philosophical Inquiry with Children
- Aims to strengthen communications among those in different parts of the world who are engaged in philosophical inquiry with children. General information, news, award, journal, overviews of conferences all over the world and links.
Institute for the Advancement of Philosophy for Children (IAPC)
- From Montclair State University. Information on goals and principles behind philosophy for children. Provides a complete curriculum in elementary and secondary school philosophy.
Kids Philosophy Slam
- National and International academic competition. Kids participate in creative writing, philosophy, and art contests with students from around the world.
- A Comenius project of 11 European partners which aims to encourage teachers' professional growth by developing their dialogical sensitivity and skills through philosophical enquiry. Courses and writings on dialogue.
North American Associacion for Community of Inquiry
- Information about conferences, P4C programs and a growing collection of links to sites about philosophy for children.
Northwest Center for Philosophy for Children
- Non-profit organization that brings philosophy into the lives of young people through programs in elementary, middle, and high schools, parent organizations, and other organizations serving young people, with a particular emphasis on reaching children who are at risk and educationally disadvantaged.
P4C - New Zealand
- Organisation dedicated to involving children in a philosophical 'community of enquiry'. Contains downloadable lesson plans, contact details, events calendar, newsletter and joining information.
Philosophers and Critical Thinkers in Senior Schools
- Resources for teachers and children to develop and programmes of critical thinking and philosophy.
Philosophy for change
- Investigates the place of philosophical inquiry in sustainable development. Contains down-loadable resources.
Philosophy for Kids
- Information and material on children's philosophy or teaching discussions for teaching philosophy to young children through discussions of children's literature. Wiki.
Philosophy For Kids
- Materials to use in doing philosophy with children, with the emphasis on story resources.
Philosophy in the Schools
- Philosophy for Children Program (P4C) in Hawai. Resources, articles and brulletins on the P4C project.
The Philosophy Shop
- Teach philosophy in schools and the community. Information about courses, a blog and articles on philosophy and education.
Philosophy with Children and Youth
- Norwegian based organisation that promotes P4C. Information and resources on concepts like justice, knowledge, truth, responsibility, suffering, identity and freedom.
- Guide to Philosophy for Children in the UK by SAPERE (Society for the Advancement of Philosophical Enquiry and Reflection in Education) - a small charity whose members are interested in the role of philosophical enquiry in education both as a model of rigorous thinking and as a celebration of wonder and open-mindedness.
- European Foundation for the Advancement of Doing Philosophy with Children. Open organisation for teachers and philosophers. Information channel and gateway to Sophia Nebed, a web environment for members.
Steve Bramall Associates
- Education and training services and resources for philosophy for children in the UK.
Teaching your child philosophy
- Dialogues on truth, competition, ethics and logic intended for education of children.
Tuckswood Community First School
- Interactive information with thoughts and ideas from children on philosophical themes and information on their school.
Victorian Association for Philosophy in Schools (VAPS)
- Promotes and supports the teaching of philosophy in schools in Victoria (Australia) with events, recourses and programs.
What is Philosophy for Children?
- The goal has nothing to do with trying to convert children and teenagers into professional philosophers, but instead, its aim is to develop and preserve their critical, creative and caring thinking and attitude. Information on this international movement. By Stella Accorinti.
Yahoo! Groups : Philosophy for Children
- Mailing list averaging 2-3 posts per day.
Philosophy for Children
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2014 at 10:54:11 UTC -