become an editor
the entire directory
only in S/Searle,_John
Computers: Artificial Intelligence: Philosophy
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Language
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Mind
This category in other languages:
John R. Searle
- Home page at the University of California, Berkeley. Includes online articles, courses, contact information, bibliography and curriculum vitae in PDF format.
Chinese Room Argument
- A study of this argument by Searle and the discussion which it generated. Aimed at beginning students of the philosophy of mind.
Conversation with John Searle
- Wide-ranging interview conducted by Harry Kreisler. Features images and streaming video.
Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Chinese Room Argument
- Article by Larry Hauser, on Searle's well-known thought experiment opposing the possibility of artificial intelligence. The argument and several counterarguments are considered.
Rationality in Action - Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews
- Raimo Tuomela reviews this book by John Searle.
The Rediscovery of the Mind
- A critique of this 1992 work of Searle's, by Kelley L. Ross.
Searle's Chinese Room Argument
- A detailed review by Larry Hauser of Searle's arguments against artificial intelligence. Features an extensively annotated bibliography.
- Entry by Daniel Barbiero from the Dictionary of Philosophy of Mind. Reviews key aspects of this thinker's doctrine.
Wikipedia: Chinese Room
- Offers review by Wikipedia of Searle's arguments to debunk the stronger claims made by Strong AI.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 8, 2014 at 22:43:24 UTC -