become an editor
the entire directory
only in Machiavelli,_Niccolò/Articles
The Devil's Morals: Ethics in Machiavelli's The Prince
- Footnoted essay by Souvik Mukherjee. Asserts that in this work Machiavelli presents an opportunistic ethics of convenience.
Lecture on Machiavelli
- A lecture on The Prince given by Ian Johnston in February 2002 at Vancouver Island University. The author discusses the ways to read, interpret and understand the work.
- The entry from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Written by Cary Nederman.
Notes on The Prince
- Maarten Maartensz's notes to The Prince, and the full text of the W.K. Marriott translation of the work.
Thomas Babington Macaulay: Machiavelli
- An old essay in which the author tries to tackle the common prejudices related to Machiavelli. From Bartleby.com.
Samizdata.net: Book Review of The Prince
- A review of the Prince as a weblog entry. Written from an "anti-statist" angle, by Andy Duncan. (March 20, 2004)
The New York Times: The Original Spin Doctor
- Alexander Stille's review of Maurizio Viroli's book "Niccolò's Smile". Also includes the first chapter of the book. Requires free registration. (December 03, 2000)
Salon Books: One Mean Renaissance Man
- Annie M. Paul writes about Machiavellianism and the human sciences, for example sociobiology and psychology. (September 13, 1999)
What Machiavelli Learned From Moses
- Michael Ledeen writes about Machiavelli and Moses. From the Jewish World Review. (June 07, 1999)
Isaiah Berlin: The Question of Machiavelli
- An overview of Machiavelli's ideas and their different interpretations, written by Isaiah Berlin. From The New York Review of Books. (November 04, 1971)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 3, 2013 at 7:35:04 UTC -