become an editor
the entire directory
only in James,_William/Works
Open Directory - Society: Philosophy: Philosophers: J: James, William: Works
The Chicago School
- A 1904 essay by James detailing the doctrine of John Dewey and his disciples.
Does 'Consciousness' Exist?
- 1904 essay by James, in which he contends that the word "consciousness" refers only to a function, not to an entity.
The Energies of Men
- James' 1906 address to the American Philosophical Association, in which he lays the outlines of a concrete individual psychology.
Great Men and Their Environment
- An 1880 speech by James, exploring the parallel between social evolution and Darwin's "zoological" evolution.
The Principles of Psychology
- Online edition of 1890 text by William James.
- The condensed edition of William James' 'The Varieties of Religious Experience'
The Stream of Consciousness
- A chapter from James' 1892 work, Psychology.
What Is an Emotion?
- Psychological essay by James, from 1884.
What Pragmatism Means
- Text of a 1904 lecture in which William James succinctly explains the philosophical position of pragmatism.
A World of Pure Experience
- 1904 essay by James, in which he attempts to articulate his Weltanschauung as a philosophy of pure experience.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 3, 2013 at 20:56:49 UTC -