become an editor
the entire directory
only in Journals/Printed
American Philosophical Quarterly
- Quarterly journal of English articles on any aspect of philosophy. Edited by Neil Tennant, and published by North American Philosophical Publications.
- Semi-annual journal devoted to original research in ancient Greek and Roman philosophy and science. Currently edited by Ronald Polansky, and published by Mathesis Publications.
- Quarterly interdisciplinary journal concerned with reasoning, natural inference and persuasion.
- An international journal concerned with the theoretical and applied philosophy of the Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Buddhist and Islamic traditions. Edited by Indira Mahalingam Carr and Brian Carr. Published three times per year by Carfax Publishing. Includes contents since 1996 and abstracts since 2000.
- Annual journal providing a forum for articles on the ethical questions raised by current issues in bioethics and edited by Ruth Chadwick and Udo Schüklenk.
British Journal for the History of Philosophy
- Quarterly journal concerned with the history of philosophy and related intellectual history from the ancient world to the early decades of the 20th Century. Edited by G. A. J. Rogers, and published by Routledge. Includes contents since 2000.
The British Journal of Aesthetics
- Quarterly journal intended to provide an international forum for debate in aesthetics and the philosophy of art. Edited by Peter Lamarque. Published on behalf of the British Society of Aesthetics by Oxford University Press. Includes contents and abstracts of current and archived issues.
Differences: A Journal of Feminist Cultural Studies
- Journal exploring the categories and concepts of difference and diversity in texts ranging from the literary and the visual to the political and social. Edited by Naomi Schor, Elizabeth Weed, and Ellen Rooney. Published three times a year by Duke University Press.
- Quarterly international journal of moral, political, and legal philosophy. Edited by John Deigh, and published by the University of Chicago Press. Includes contents from current and past issues.
Faith and Philosophy Journal
- Published quarterly by the Society of Christian Philosophers. Encourages discussions among philosophers representing a wide variety of denominations and philosophical orientations.
Harvard Review of Philosophy
- Professional journal of philosophy published annually by undergraduates at Harvard University.
- Quarterly journal of philosophy and the social sciences, exploring the logic of inquiry, methodology, epistemology of social science practices. Phenomenological perspectives, broadly defined, are a primary, though not an exclusive focus. Edited by George Psathas, and official journal of the Society for Phenomenology and the Human Sciences. Includes contents and abstracts.
Journal of Applied Philosophy
- Official journal of the British Society for Applied Philosophy, which promotes philosophical study and research that has a direct bearing on areas of practical concern. Edited by Suzanne Uniacke and Sandra Marshall, and published three times a year by Blackwell Publishing. Includes contents for issues through 1998.
The Journal of Philosophy
- Monthly journal of articles of current interest and encouraging the interchange of ideas. Includes index of recent issues, and extensive information on the journal.
- Quarterly devoted to general philosophical inquiry. In printed format, offers abstracts of past issues.
- Quarterly journal, featuring articles on a wide range of philosophical topics, including metaphysics, philosophy of mind, and epistemology. Edited by Jaegwon Kim and Ernest Sosa. Published by Blackwell Publishing. Includes contents.
Pacific Philosophical Quarterly
- Journal of analytic philosophy covering all areas of philosophy, including epistemology, moral philosophy, political philosophy, philosophy of language, philosophy of mind, aesthetics and history of philosophy. Periodically, the journal devotes an issue to a specific topic of interest. Edited by Janet Levin, Sharon A. Lloyd and Kadri Vihvelin. Published on behalf of the School of Philosophy at the University of Southern California by Blackwell Publishing. Includes contents and abstracts since 1997.
Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences
- Quarterly interdisciplinary journal concerned with phenomenology, empirical science, and analytic philosophy of mind. Edited by Shaun Gallagher and Natalie Depraz, and published by Kluwer Academic Publishers. Journal contents and abstracts.
- An international journal for the philosophy of mind and action, which aims to provide a forum for analytically minded philosophers interested in genuine dialogue regarding continental philosophy and the social sciences. Edited by Jan Bransen. Published three times per year by Routledge. Includes contents.
- Quarterly journal providing a forum for discussing any branch of philosophy. Edited by D. Z. Phillips, and published by Blackwell Publishing. Journal contents available at site.
The Philosophical Quarterly
- Quarterly journal covering all areas of philosophy. Edited by Stephen Read. Published by Blackwell Publishing on behalf of the University Court of St. Andrews and of the Scots Philosophical Club. Contents and abstracts available.
Philosophy and Phenomenological Research
- Devoted to phenomenology this printed journal offers the call for papers.
Philosophy and Public Affairs
- Quarterly journal, featuring articles on current political issues or public policy, especially regarding their philosophical dimensions. Edited by Charles R. Beitz and published by Blackwell Publishing. Includes contents for current volume.
- International news-stand philosophy magazine with articles, reviews, features and columns. Aimed at the general public, philosophy students and faculty. Site includes current issue, full archive of past issues (subscriber access) and some free content.
Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society
- Papers read at the society's meetings in London throughout the academic year. Includes contents and abstracts.
- Journal of knowledge, culture and policy.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 20, 2015 at 8:05:08 UTC -